Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch v Savage

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Why? He is worth more than that for sure but if Adams is in charge, it is obviously he won't be coming back to us so we'd have to take what we get...

If we continue the way we're going (as I fully expect us to with Micky in charge) I would hope he would be sacked before the summer transfer window came around. Hopefully, a manager with some sense would come in, who would either demand a higher transfer fee or actually play him rather than someone worse than him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If we continue the way we're going (as I fully expect us to with Micky in charge) I would hope he would be sacked before the summer transfer window came around. Hopefully, a manager with some sense would come in, who would either demand a higher transfer fee or actually play him rather than someone worse than him.

It's not the manager who 'demands transfer fees'.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
No, but I imagine that the manager could recommend what the player is worth.

Would you be pleased with 150k for Lynch?

Would I be happy with a figure plucked from mid air which some people are now quoting as gospel, the answer is no.

As a professional journalist I would always check all my facts first, do the relevant research, and then quote a figure.

But that's the difference between a professional such as myself and a bunch of amateurs on the internet who don't have my experience, vision or wisdom.

I did cast my eye over the Lynch issue last year, and my understanding was that he was not happy at the end of last season, and wanted assurances about a first team position.

Adams was then appointed manager and rated him, but didn't feel that having two relatively young centre halves together was an ideal combination, and that Elphick, although less cultured, was less error prone. He felt that Lynch needed to show more hunger, and thus gave Hawkins (who if you all recall initially was playing very well at the start of the season) the nod over Lynch.

I note that on the BBC website Lynch has the lowest performance rating of all 22 players.

Last edited:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Lynch just been subbed at half time. It would seem Derby were getting too much joy down that side, which was where the cross came in from for the goal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As a professional journalist I would always check all my facts first, do the relevant research, and then quote a figure.

But that's the difference between a professional such as myself and a bunch of amateurs on the internet who don't have my experience, vision or wisdom.

Well in the realms of Pompous twaddle, you take the biscuit...well done. You must be very proud

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Lynch played at Northampton, was MOM, gets dropped for Hawkins. :nono:

No wonder he threw his toys out.

Shocking man management from Adams.

Agree about Adams, but because he got dropped by Hawkins wasnt the main reason why he threw his toys out the pram.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here