Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch v Savage

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Come on the Rams (proper football town). Good noise!

Jim Proudfoot (STuart STORER!!!) commentating to complete the Albion connection.

PG

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Lynch is only playing as Wes Morgan is absent for family reasons apparently...

Savage is playing on merit after the other night.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
From the BBC text on the game.....

1953: "I hope Joel Lynch adds a million to his price tag in front of the cameras. I hate Micky Adams for pushing him out."
Adrie, a disgruntled Brighton fan, via text on 81111

:laugh:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lynch is playing well...must to the cahgrin of most of the myopic twats on here

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton

1953: "I hope Joel Lynch adds a million to his price tag in front of the cameras. I hate Micky Adams for pushing him out."

lol, just saw this as well :lolol:

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yeah, cos every player throw his toys out, hands in a transfer request and fucks off after being dropped.

that is right....Oh and whilst we are at it, every player gets dropped by a manager who only plays his favourites over young talent who would be here for many years as opposed to useless journeymen who are not good enough to play for Coventry.

there are always two sides to ever piece of paper.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lynch or Mayo?

I'm not saying Lynch is blameless but it's Micky's job to sort it.

PG

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Yeah, cos every player throw his toys out, hands in a transfer request and fucks off after being dropped.

Obviously it was stupid of Lynch, and he is definently to blame. But I think Micky is just as much to blame.

He always had a 'keep the shirt' policy, and this was how it was in the early part of the season when Hawkins was playing. However, Big Col got injured and so Joel got a chance against Northampton, and apparently he played realy well. So when Hawkins comes back into the side when he was CLEARLY not fit, what was Lynch supposed to do? He must of realised that he wasn't wanted, and so was quite justified in my opinion to ask for a transfer.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Obviously it was stupid of Lynch, and he is definently to blame. But I think Micky is just as much to blame.

He always had a 'keep the shirt' policy, and this was how it was in the early part of the season when Hawkins was playing. However, Big Col got injured and so Joel got a chance against Northampton, and apparently he played realy well. So when Hawkins comes back into the side when he was CLEARLY not fit, what was Lynch supposed to do? He must of realised that he wasn't wanted, and so was quite justified in my opinion to ask for a transfer.

Which Micky turned down. Twice.

After the first time - FIRST TIME - of being dropped, he sulks. Did Lynch think that the place was automatically his?

Even if Wilkins had stayed, there is no guarantee of Lynch being first choice. He wasn't last season - Butters and Elphick was the more common starting partnership. Wilkins would almost certainly have brought in a new centre-back, thereby making Lynch challenge for his place just the same.

Last edited:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't get the reasons for people slating Lynch.

How many players are there in Lynch's situation..?

Usually in those situations, the player would have to wait around, hoping for a chance to play or drop down a division. Can you blame Lynch for choosing to go out on loan to a bigger club when he wasn't even first choice at Brighton?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

We've been here before!

Lynch was MOM at Northampton, and Adams dropped him for frankly a poor excuse of a journeyman cente half. (Who as it happened wasn't fit anyway, but played in the next game.)

Adams also said "I have a keep the shirt policy at this football club" - What happened to that then?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Hahaha, good old Aids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here