Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch transfer deal done £500,000 [Merged]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So... the CE says we won't sell... if we then sell, then it's OK!!... bollox to that...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any bids for any player over 250k and I reckon they'll be off.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Any bids for any player over 250k and I reckon they'll be off.
Disagreed.

£250k is hardly anything. Why would we sell any of our brilliant young prospects for such a pittance?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Disagreed.

Hope you are right but recent history would seem to say otherwise. LK, CKR, Currie, Cullip. Harding wanted away and we had no choice and Virgo was a one off.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Hope you are right but recent history would seem to say otherwise. LK, CKR, Currie, Cullip. Harding wanted away and we had no choice and Virgo was a one off.
CKR and LK were different, they wanted out and we wanted rid. Currie and Cullip, both 29ish when we sold them, Cullip had fitness problems and at the time we sold those two were desperate for money. As I understand it we don't NEED to sell right now, although obviously we are still a hard up. But I really can't see us selling such excellent YOUNG players on the cheap.

Celtic had to come in with two or three higher bids before we sold Virgo I believe...

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
mona said:
Perhaps we wouldn't need to sell players if home attendances were averaging 7000.

Nah, better to stay at home and cal the phone in and have a good whinge AFTER the event having not attended a game because Withdean is shit :jester:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Nah, better to stay at home and cal the phone in and have a good whinge AFTER the event having not attended a game because Withdean is shit :jester:
:lolol:

Like that guy from Heathfield, who thinks it's too much of a chore to book tickets on the internet (and seemed oblivious to the fact the ticket office actually have a PHONE).

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
CKR and LK were different, they wanted out and we wanted rid. Currie and Cullip, both 29ish when we sold them, Cullip had fitness problems and at the time we sold those two were desperate for money. As I understand it we don't NEED to sell right now, although obviously we are still a hard up. But I really can't see us selling such excellent YOUNG players on the cheap.

Celtic had to come in with two or three higher bids before we sold Virgo I believe...

All depends on how the cash flow is going imo and I would think with all the stayaway fans we are going to need money to pay day to day running costs, which is not the same as the Falmer costs that MP alluded to. Shit I'm a cynical bastatrd, I'll stop now because I want you to be right...maybe the West Ham game will bring in enough to stave off selling players

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
All depends on how the cash flow is going imo and I would think with all the stayaway fans we are going to need money to pay day to day running costs, which is not the same as the Falmer costs that MP alluded to. Shit I'm a cynical bastatrd, I'll stop now because I want you to be right...maybe the West Ham game will bring in enough to stave off selling players
Well I'm not saying we definitely won't sell anyone, I just don't think we'll have to let them go on the cheap.

I hope I'm right too....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Silent Bob said:
Disagreed.

£250k is hardly anything. Why would we sell any of our brilliant young prospects for such a pittance?

£250K is alot for us however we are getting an extra pay day through the West Ham game.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
We'll be getting about £20K prize money for the cup win and we should be banking all the ticket money for the WHU game so we'll be OK this month. Next month we'll get the balance for the WHU game - maybe another £100K - so that should cover us for Jan. After that we start to get the season ticket money in again. If Perry says that we don't need extra cash for the Falmer enquiry then I would say we should be OK for the rest of the season - especially if we can get another TV game.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Perry said we dont 'need' to sell players. He didn't say we 'wouldn't' sell player.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If by any chance,you are reading this Joel, you can do a lot better than Stoke:nono: .Keep playing like you did yesterday and they'll be better/bigger clubs than Stoke making offers.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Insider says it's rubbish. So there you go.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
£500k! To Stoke!

He started the season incredibly well, but he has been mediocre for months. I'd rather have Whing, Butters, Hinsh and Rents/Mayo as my back four, so i'd bite your hand off for that kind of money for a thus unproven player like Joel. However, it's clearly just paper talk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here