Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch transfer deal done £500,000 [Merged]

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Joel Lynch on way

Just heard on Southern FM that there is an article in today's People to the effect that Lynch is on his way to Stoke in the January transfer window for £500K. So much for Martin Perry's assurances on Harty's phone in that no players would be sold.

I wonder who else we'll lose now to the black hole that is Falmer? I feel so pissed off about this.

:angry:

Last edited:

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
lynch transfer deal done £500,000

well according to the sunday people today joel lynch is off to stoke in january for £500,000 deal done!
the clubs have met and thashed out the deal according to the paper.
i hope this isn't true. If he goes who else will follow?
lets hope its a nasty paper rumour:angry: :down:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Yeah I agree, I dont think Lynch is the most important of our youngsters at the moment and that deal alone wouldnt be too bad - £500k for Lynch, but could it start a chain reaction that would see the other youngsters leaving as well? If so, then it must be "No Deal".

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And you would believe the People? ???

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
There were reports a few months ago that he was off to Newcastle. I think we can safeley say its paper talk.:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He would be a mug to leave at the moment imo. He is not good enough to make the step up..yet. 1st team football with the Albion or in the stiffs in a team that plays in one of the biggest shitholes in England??

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
All this stuff about other clubs' cities is off the point I think.

IF Lynch goes to Stoke he wouldn't live there, he'd find somewhere in the country nearby or maybe live in Cheshire

Footballers have the money. How many Pompey, Sunderland or Wolves players live in those cities I wonder? Precious few if any I'd guess.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To be fair to Perry, he said no players would be sold to fund any appeal/lawyer.

...but if someone offered half a mill for Lynch then the board would be fools not to consider it a good deal.

We are a poor football club that have to wheel and deal to survive and selling our good players is a necessary evil unfortunately.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Probably bullsh1t... and we need to slap very big price tags on promising young players like Lynch... £500k would be a steal, IMHO...

Look at the silly price tag MK Dons have stuck on Izale McLeod... a striker, I know, but a league 2 striker... and they're asking £2M!!...

What I am saying is, if you want to keep a player, you can, especially when he has just signed a contract extension... over to you, DK, MP and board... don't let us down this time...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and we already budgeted for the Falmer court hearing, so stop using the Falmer blackhole excuse... this comes straight from MP's mouth, along with his promise not to sell our young stars...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
it's a sunday tabloid story, there are loads that are made every sunday to fill space and most don't come off. Don't worry about it, believe the board for once

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harty had to really squeeze the comments, attributed to MP, out of him very reluctantly almost beating him with a stick imo. Was I alone in thinking he didn't sound that convincing and said something like " we don't want to sell players" rather than "We won't sell players"?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Harty had to really squeeze the comments, attributed to MP, out of him very reluctantly almost beating him with a stick imo. Was I alone in thinking he didn't sound that convincing and said something like " we don't want to sell players" rather than "We won't sell players"?

Pretty sure he said something like "we won't sell"... the bottom-line is he will look like a liar if we then do sell 1 or more of our young guns...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt worry to much about this story simply because Lynch is a young talent with an extended contract with us so why would he want to join Stoke to further his career when I would have thought there would be better cherries to pick at if he bides his time.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Not sure if the story about Lynch to Stoke is true, whats more worrying is that people seem to think one player is bigger than the club. We need the money and if they do come in with an offer of 500k then MP would be stupid not to bite their hand off, even if the money wont go to lawyers it can go to other things to help prolong the club towards a new stadium. It'd be a cash injection for us and another kick in the teeth for those bastards at LDC who are trying to run us out of business.

and anyway...if Lynch wants to go...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
B.W. said:
Pretty sure he said something like "we won't sell"... the bottom-line is he will look like a liar if we then do sell 1 or more of our young guns...
As has been said every player has a price even Rooney and Ronaldo and if somebody offers that price or above then any club would sell. It is not business sense not to. Selling under those circumstances is different from catergorically saying we will not sell anybody. What I think how MP meant it to be transmitted as was, we do not NEED to sell anybody to fund Falmer so no players will be sold for thast reason.

BensGrandad said:
As has been said every player has a price even Rooney and Ronaldo and if somebody offers that price or above then any club would sell. It is not business sense not to. Selling under those circumstances is different from catergorically saying we will not sell anybody. What I think how MP meant it to be transmitted as was, we do not NEED to sell anybody to fund Falmer so no players will be sold for thast reason.
Blimey, BG.

I agree with you.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here