Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch to Reading

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
I think Coppell could bring Lynch on leaps and bounds, and it would be an excellent career move for him, but... not yet. I still think Dean needs to do a bit more work on Lynch. I don't see him as being ready quite yet.

Again we agree about Lynch not quite being there, but wouldnt you say that playing with better players(no offence) may speed it up?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
C.Gull said:
NOTW the £1m offer was not for Lvnch but for the whole first team,and it has nothing to do with football at all.
C`mon get real.

Yeah guys, get real. A highly rated prospect being bought by another club. Sort it out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well the whole squad is up for sale, if the prices are right they'll go.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stoke bid £500k for him, and DK said treble it. Pulis then threw a hissy fit about being priced out of the market for English players.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
Again we agree about Lynch not quite being there, but wouldnt you say that playing with better players(no offence) may speed it up?
It will, but he still has to have a minimum standard which he must attain in order to be considered for part of that squad.

Another year, I'd say. Dean Wilkins will do an excellent job in bringing Lynch on to the point where Lynch's contemporaries won't be able to keep up and he'll find it hard to get motivated knowing he's got not such good players around him. I just don't think he's there yet.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
It will, but he still has to have a minimum standard which he must attain in order to be considered for part of that squad.

Another year, I'd say. Dean Wilkins will do an excellent job in bringing Lynch on to the point where Lynch's contemporaries won't be able to keep up and he'll find it hard to get motivated knowing he's got not such good players around him. I just don't think he's there yet.

Concur, but will the board? a year later means less money maybe

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
Concur, but will the board? a year later means less money maybe
Not necessarily. In theory, a year later means a year better...

He still has another two? three? years left on his contract. That's not to say it won't be renewed or lengthened. My guess is that the club may well hang on until July 9th before making any decisions about offers from other clubs.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Not necessarily. In theory, a year later means a year better...

Or a years less contract.

O well, Im sure there is plenty of the summer to have rumour threads!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
The Observer had a line today that said Birmingham were the latest club interested in him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
has to be 500k and large sell ons / add ons

It's not only how good he is , its about the fact we've spent years on him bringing him through.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Kenhead said:
I wouldn't say that the NOTW is a reliable source

I wouldn't say that the NOTW is reliable ARSE PAPER. I'm surprised anyone would actually admit to reading it :lolol:

Cabby

Jul 5, 2003
Langton Green
He has only just finished his first season as a senior pro. Is he ready for the Premiership at the moment? I don't think so. Not yet.

That's exactly what Coppell will say and then offer 500k.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Cabby said:
He has only just finished his first season as a senior pro. Is he ready for the Premiership at the moment? I don't think so. Not yet.

That's exactly what Coppell will say and then offer 500k.

So we should tell Coppell to f**k off then.

:wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Zebedee said:
So we should tell Coppell to f**k off then.

:wave:

Which is what happened with Virgo and Strachan. He came back twice with a million and then 1.5 million.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lets not worry too much folks. This report was in The News of The World after all.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yorkie said:
Which is what happened with Virgo and Strachan. He came back twice with a million and then 1.5 million.

£1M-£1.5M I could live with.

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here