Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch to Reading

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Wouldn't surprise me, would be a very good move for him.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The Complete Badger said:
Unfortunately, my friend, the words NO and CHANCE spring to mind:nono:

Then we shouldn't let him go. I'm so fed up with bigger clubs picking up our most talented players for next to nothing. £1M it is (minimum) or Reading can bugger off.

:angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Did the NOTW also mention Birmingham?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Race said:
Man-flu then :rolleyes:

Glandular fever.

Who believes the News of the World? It was posted on Nsc a couple of weeks ago that it was Newcastle. There again Nsc has been known to be wrong sometimes.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm still struggling to believe a Premiership club would come in for him. Don't ge me wrong, Lynch is a FANTASTIC prospect, but, remembering how he has played this season (started well, lost a bit of form, dropped, came back, started playing really well with the odd slip-up) since he broke into the first team, he still only has a handful of first-team appearances behind him where he has played well.

He has only just finished his first season as a senior pro. Is he ready for the Premiership at the moment? I don't think so. Not yet.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
bit of paper gossip, he was off to Stoke half way through the season. Think he knows another season at this level would be better than reserve football at Reading anyway

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
I'm still struggling to believe a Premiership club would come in for him. Don't ge me wrong, Lynch is a FANTASTIC prospect, but, remembering how he has played this season (started well, lost a bit of form, dropped, came back, started playing really well with the odd slip-up) since he broke into the first team, he still only has a handful of first-team appearances behind him where he has played well.

He has only just finished his first season as a senior pro. Is he ready for the Premiership at the moment? I don't think so. Not yet.

Maybe if it was another club but Reading is believable I think, Coppell has started to bring lots of young promising players in.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Maybe if it was another club but Reading is believable I think, Coppell has started to bring lots of young promising players in.

I agree, its the get in early policy, like Arsenal with Pennant and Upson, Chelsea with Sinclair, Fulham with Rosenior etc...

Will cost less and have more chance of blooding them in slowly.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
I think Coppell could bring Lynch on leaps and bounds, and it would be an excellent career move for him, but... not yet. I still think Dean needs to do a bit more work on Lynch. I don't see him as being ready quite yet.

That's why I'm not convinced about the story. But we'll see.

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
NOTW the £1m offer was not for Lvnch but for the whole first team,and it has nothing to do with football at all.
C`mon get real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here