Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch set to stay with Forest at least till end of season

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Oh well.

Albion defender Joel Lynch is poised to stay at Nottingham Forest for at least the rest of the season.

The Championship strugglers are keen to keep hold of the 21-year-old, who is under contract to the Seagulls until the summer of 2011.

Lynch joined Forest on a short-term loan in September after indicating his desire to quit Albion by handing in a written transfer request.

He made his 12th appearance for Colin Calderwood’s side in Saturday’s 2-0 victory at Southampton.

Lynch has been used at left-back by Forest and, despite injury problems during his stay at the City Ground, Calderwood has been sufficiently impressed to want to retain his services.

Lynch is expected to feature in Forest’s relegation battle at home to Doncaster on Boxing Day.

His loan stint ends two days later with a visit to Norwich but he could rejoin Forest on a long-term loan for the remainder of the season during the January transfer window, with a view to the move becoming permanent.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The club should tell forest to stick it unless they are going to buy him. A loan only benefits them and the player. Sell him or make him come back and look for another club to sell him too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The club should tell forest to stick it unless they are going to buy him. A loan only benefits them and the player. Sell him or make him come back and look for another club to sell him too.

Couldn't agree more. We could do with the money now so we can reinvest it. He may injure himself at Forest and then they won't sign him and that leaves us with an injured player.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Oh well. Looks like our most promising youngster for years won't be returning while Adams is in charge then.

My guess is his wages are being paid for Forest and therefore the club is happy to keep them freed up to waste COUGH sorry, spend on loan players like Anyinsah and Fleetwood.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I love the way we keep forcing our best players out the club through incompetence and mismanagement.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Oh well. Looks like our most promising youngster for years won't be returning while Adams is in charge then.

My guess is his wages are being paid for Forest and therefore the club is happy to keep them freed up to waste COUGH sorry, spend on loan players like Anyinsah and Fleetwood.

Don't be silly.......the money is being used to pay for Kerry Mayo and Gary Hart, they were invaluable at the party yesterday!
:jester:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Perhaps the board know that Lynch has not been any trouble under anyone else, showing this whole thing up as a spat between Adams and Lynch. so let's just keep him on our books in case Adams isn't here much longer.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Perhaps the board know that Lynch has not been any trouble under anyone else, showing this whole thing up as a spat between Adams and Lynch. so let's just keep him on our books in case Adams isn't here much longer.

That was my interpretation too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I would quite like it if that was the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here