Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch.... Right or Wrong Move

Was selling Lynch a good Move?

• Total voters

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
You may be right but, if Guy Butters' comments about him are accurate, he is no loss at all.

I can't see why Guy would come on NSC and make up such comments about Joel but, even you ignore them, I saw nothing from JL last season to make me think he was one of our star players. He was very inconsistent and although I don't agree at all with the regular accusations of players showing no passion or commitment, if body language is anything to go by, Joel last season was a prime candidate for that criticism.

2 or 3 years ago he looked to be a very decent prospect. Last season he didn't.

:thumbsup:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Elphick has had a run of 50+ games and whilst he is fantastic at heading, blocking and tackling and he is as brave as a lion, his ability is limited as he still hoofs the ball upfield as he did in his first few games.

Lynch on the other hand tries to play the ball out of defence. Whilst he is learning his trade he will make the odd mistake and sometimes he will cost us goals (Rio Ferdinand did in his early days). Given the chance in five years time he will either be in the Blue Square or the Championship/Premiership. I hope we don't regret letting him go.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It's amazing how we can all have such widely different opinions about a player.

As I have said earlier I think he has been a disppointemnt after showing early promise and it doesn't bother me that he has gone to Forest.

I forwarded the club text about his move to my son whose reply was - "Why the hell would they want Lynch?"!!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You may be right but, if Guy Butters' comments about him are accurate, he is no loss at all.

I can't see why Guy would come on NSC and make up such comments about Joel but, even you ignore them, I saw nothing from JL last season to make me think he was one of our star players. He was very inconsistent and although I don't agree at all with the regular accusations of players showing no passion or commitment, if body language is anything to go by, Joel last season was a prime candidate for that criticism.

Where did guy say that?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

He had an in and out year last season (and the season before to an extent), he had a few injuries etc and didn't appear to have kicked on at all. However when he came into the side for the last couple of months of the season he was absolutely top drawer alongside Elphick, genuine class. I fully agree with Lord Large about how much potential he has. I'm sad to lose him. But at the same time although I think he is/was our best centrehalf we do have other options there who are good, it's not like we lost Forster and had to use Gatting.

What does surprise me slightly is that no permanent deal has been done. A month's loan? What do we gain from that, it's perfect for Forest but not us.

This might be NSC heresy but am I the only one who thinks spreading gossip about a former colleague on a fans messageboard is not exactly the height of professionalism?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he wants out = get rid IMO

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He's listened to his agent and forced this situation..good riddance and his best hope is he is not another Hammond/Harding

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The toy throwing twat only went and decided not to play for us two games before what is likely to have been the biggest game he is gonna get to play in this season :lol:

Bad bad timing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here