Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch.... Right or Wrong Move

Was selling Lynch a good Move?

• Total voters

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
To stop Lord Large and Conboy fighting on the other thread I've decided to make a poll.... Nsc decides whether Lord Large or Conboy is wrong :D

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
It is not as clear cut as right or wrong.

To me Lynch is the best prospect we have had for years. A talented, classy, left footed, athletic young English defender who has been looked at and bid for by a host of higher division clubs including Stoke City who are now in the Premiership.

The situation has obviously got to the stage where he is not in the team and is not happy about it. I know Forest have been showing an interest since the Summer and perhaps this has had something to do with him becoming discontented. An agent in his ear and a nagging doubt about why he wasn't playing when higher level teams want him.

However, if he is unhappy and has fallen out with the manager and is not in the right frame of mind to play then perhaps a move is the best for all parties.

One thing I am certain of though is that it is a crying shame it has got to this stage in the first place because he and Elphick were forming what could have been this club's best defensive partnership in years.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Just because Lynch and Elphick were the best pairing we had at the end of last season does not by any means guarantee those two should have been starting together at the beginning of this season, they will have had to prove themselves in pre-season, in which Lynch was slacking and Hawkins was playing like a beast. Micky then chose the right pairing and stuck to it as he should have done seeing how Elphick and Hawkins had been playing well all season bar one game.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
He is obviously ambitious and with Hawkins coming in, he has now dropped down the pecking order. I can see why he is unhappy, but he had his chance against Wallsall and was clearly making a statement.

For me its the right move. We might as well try and get some money. Do Forest have any strikers or decent creative midfielders we could swap hm with?

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
hes better than elTHICK

I wouldn't say better. He's a different type of player yes. But not better imo.
Joel is liable to make a few costly slip ups. Where Elphick is a more orthodox kind of defender.

But all the same there is no need to start slating and naming calling other players just because you don't like a decision on another. Very childish.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think this poll doesn't quite represent the pro-Lynch side of the debate in the right way.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

To me Lynch is the best prospect we have had for years. A talented, classy, left footed, athletic young English defender who has been looked at and bid for by a host of higher division clubs including Stoke City who are now in the Premiership.

The situation has obviously got to the stage where he is not in the team and is not happy about it. I know Forest have been showing an interest since the Summer and perhaps this has had something to do with him becoming discontented. An agent in his ear and a nagging doubt about why he wasn't playing when higher level teams want him.

However, if he is unhappy and has fallen out with the manager and is not in the right frame of mind to play then perhaps a move is the best for all parties.

One thing I am certain of though is that it is a crying shame it has got to this stage in the first place because he and Elphick were forming what could have been this club's best defensive partnership in years.

Agreed

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Basically, I agree, but for one thing.

Has he fallen out with Micky? We're all assuming it's a falling out, but what if your contention is right? i.e. He has been courted by Forest, and now he is a bit distracted and looking elsewhere.

???

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton

But he did not want to play for the albion any more....

There were many times last season where this impressive partnership you are on about were not so. Millwall away comes to mind on boxing day dont know if you went but we lost 3-0 and lynch was awful. Another was lynch against forest at home when he was poor as he lost the ball to tyson as he tried to beat him and lost it. I think lynch does have some attributes to be good but i dont think he is mentally ready for it.

At the end of the day he wanted out and did not want to fight for his place.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I think this is another big loss to the club

You may be right but, if Guy Butters' comments about him are accurate, he is no loss at all.

I can't see why Guy would come on NSC and make up such comments about Joel but, even you ignore them, I saw nothing from JL last season to make me think he was one of our star players. He was very inconsistent and although I don't agree at all with the regular accusations of players showing no passion or commitment, if body language is anything to go by, Joel last season was a prime candidate for that criticism.

2 or 3 years ago he looked to be a very decent prospect. Last season he didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here