Is there truth in this story or not?

• Yup

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • No, its bo**ocks!!

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It was quoted in the guardian the other day and they are generally very accurate with their paper talk.

A bidding war in the offing?! I hope that we can hold onto him. But I very much doubt we will be able to resist a decent offer :down:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Of course theres truth in it, there were stories even pre season about Prem clubs hawking around.

If we get an offer of about £750k to a mill expect him to go.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Newcastle United are not the only interested side, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Blackburn, Watford, Wolves and West Ham United all have been credited with interest in the youngster before."

That is an awful lot of interest, to have all been made up.

Not being in the side at the moment could well scupper a move in January, though someone on here [Zebedee?] seems totally convinced that he is going to West Ham.

I hate it when we sell young players, but the club has to survive somehow. As long as we were to get a sensible amount for him, [£800k +] then I would rather we sold Lynch than Hinsh or Cox.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Albion Dan said:
Of course theres truth in it, there were stories even pre season about Prem clubs hawking around.

If we get an offer of about £750k to a mill expect him to go.

More like 350k-500k expect him to go ! :(

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Yup, I suspect the same number as Harding plus add ons.... games played, and a sell-on clause??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
parks said:
Yup, I suspect the same number as Harding plus add ons.... games played, and a sell-on clause??

Harding was not sold though. He chose to leave, and the fee was decided by tribunal.

If a tribunal were to decide a fee for Lynch, then expect less money. Harding was a regular in U-21 squads, Lynch has had one call up at U-19.

Harding had played 40-odd games at Champoinship level. Lynch has played 20-odd first team games, half of them in league 1.

I know Lynch is the better player and that it seems wrong, but that is how it is.

What is Lynch's contract situation?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
hans kraay fan club said:
I hate it when we sell young players, but the club has to survive somehow. As long as we were to get a sensible amount for him, [£800k +] then I would rather we sold Lynch than Hinsh or Cox.
Agree with that, he is a brilliant prospect and will be a very very good player, but he is probably more expendable then any of the others right now, Cox is responsible for most of our goals :lolol: and Hinsh is much closer to the finished product than Lynch (although I don't think anyone will bid for Hinsh at this stage).

scooter1

How soon is now?
Its slightly warming that those players who wanted to leave and have, all seemed to have stumbled. But based on that, the sell on clauses have been worthless, can we not push for a higher asking price and less of the sell on business. Just get our hands on the cash and drop in the Falmer hole...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Not going to happen any time soon. Trust me. Cox more likely to leave although I suspect there's a lot more loyalty in the club now than there was under McGhee.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I just don't understand why everyone would be queueing up for him when the defence has looked more solid since he's been replaced with Hinsh.

If the attention had switched to Adam Hinshelwood then I'd be believing it, but the start of the season Lynch seemed to be flattering to deceive.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Seagullible said:
love the way they say 'The youngster would relish the opportunity to join a Premiership team.' as I've not seen any interviews saying this.

Yes, they clearly meant "underachieving Premiership team in turmoil".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gritt23 said:
I just don't understand why everyone would be queueing up for him when the defence has looked more solid since he's been replaced with Hinsh.

If the attention had switched to Adam Hinshelwood then I'd be believing it, but the start of the season Lynch seemed to be flattering to deceive.

With Hinsh's injury history, nobody would bid for him without seeing him put a few games under his belt first.

I agree though, that he is a better prospect, fitness permitting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here