Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch latest

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
BRIGHTON today warned Nottingham Forest they should not expect to land defender Joel Lynch on the cheap.

Reds boss Billy Davies wants to add the versatile full-back or centre half to his Championship squad for next season.
But Forest's valuation of the 21-year-old is far less than that of Brighton, who today insisted they are not prepared to let him leave the south coast without a fight.

Seagulls chairman Dick Knight believes Lynch can still be a valuable player for the League One club.
"Joel will only leave the club if we get the right offer for him," said Knight.
"He has two more years left on his contract and is a Brighton player.
"He is well under 24 and we have had him since he was ten years old so he comes into that Bosman category."

There is the possibility that Forest could attempt to sweeten the deal by allowing one of their young stars to join Brighton on loan.
Davies has already stated that as many as eight of his up-and-coming players could be allowed to go out to gain experience in the lower leagues.
Brighton are understood to be interested in taking either Matt Thornhill or Garath McCleary on a long-term loan next season.

Lynch started 21 games for Forest after joining in September.
He failed to net a goal for the Reds but played a key role in the club's Championship survival as he produced his best form in the critical final weeks, setting up several goals with his decisive delivery into the box.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That can't be too recent - Dick Knight left a couple of weeks ago.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Pretty standard comments to be making in any negotiation I'd have thought. Although right now I'd accept a player swap deal if theres anyone available (on a perm).

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
"Seagulls chairman Dick Knight believes Lynch can still be a valuable player for the League One club"

:shrug::wozza::annoyed:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If this is legit all I have to say is...

How generous of them to LOAN us one of their players to sweeten the deal.

How about they give us one to keep in exchange for Lynch or a heap more money or else f*** off!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
That McCleary is a really, really good winger for Forest. Seen him play 4 or 5 times over the course of this season and he has been the best player on the pitch on every occasion.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If this is legit all I have to say is...

How generous of them to LOAN us one of their players to sweeten the deal.

How about they give us one to keep in exchange for Lynch or a heap more money or else f*** off!

Agreed... either they offer an exchange, or money, or both... why should we accept a loan when he is our player... fcuk off Forest...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That McCleary is a really, really good winger for Forest. Seen him play 4 or 5 times over the course of this season and he has been the best player on the pitch on every occasion.

OK, we'll take him on a perm deal then...

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I would hope so as this seems to be one of his strengths. Has there been a statement on who will negotiate transfers now?

Tis indeed interesting, as TB has said that he won't be a hands on chairman- and as you say it does appear to be one of DK's strengths so I hope we utilise it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We should do whatever is best for us...if that means f***ing over Joel Lynch all the better imo

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
can we keep him please? i would love him to stay and play for us next year. a promising home grown local lad who's ours for keeps or somebody from nottingham who's with us for a short period to gain experience... i know who i'd prefer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like he maybe going to Forest for £1M+ or cash and a player swap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here