Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch is off then

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope.

Im basing it on the fact he is a talented, athletic football who would be comfortable in either left back or centre back in League 1 / Championship.

Im also basing it on the fact he HAS been playing left back in the Championship and HAS impressed his manager enough to try and sign him.

Talented, yes.

Athletic, yes.

Comfortable [at left back]. Not from what I've seen.

Doesn't mean he can't LEARN, of course...

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Best of luck to him whatever happens.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
100k plus Arron Davies please!

:albion2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Forest manager has talked him up, he has been highly praised by Forest supporters for his end of season form, he is still only 21, he is still under contract untill 2011, he's athletic and will improve=$$$$$

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Talented, yes.

Athletic, yes.

Comfortable [at left back]. Not from what I've seen.

Doesn't mean he can't LEARN, of course...

Well he is seemingly comfortable playing there in the league above...

I would also argue NONE of out left backs at the time looked hugely comfortable with next to no protection from the left midfielders at the time. Yes, Cox has been a huge improvement since Slade came in but prior to that out fullbacks were not exactly inundated with support.

I would also suggest Lynch would have been more comfortable with someone a little quicker than Butters covering him from left centre back.

Its all about opinions I guess though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Left-footed backs are a rare type of player. Worth more than the same quality right-footer.

Good left wingers are even rarer. I am not sure I have ever seen one in Albion colours ? (Devil's Advocate)

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
He may be athletic but is also quite injury prone because of the way he plays and tackles. It is a pity he is not at the end of his contract, because would it not then go to tribunal because we have developed him as we did with Harding. I was quite surprised with the amount we got for him at the time.

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Wizzed up and said hello to Joel at Blackpool last month before crossing the Lancashire/yorkshire divide to watch our mamoth performance against Uddersfield.

I thought (probably mistakenly) we had been offerred £200k and and turned it down wanting nearer £500k. As he is under 24, under contract and playing in the Championship might we do better holding out for a Tribunal?:shrug:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
would be dissapointed with less than 400k. he's a very promising prospect and should be priced as such. what did we get for harding? think it was about 750k wasn't it. if i could only sign one of those 2 i know who i'd take... and he wouldn't be called dan!

Well he is seemingly comfortable playing there in the league above...

I would also argue NONE of out left backs at the time looked hugely comfortable with next to no protection from the left midfielders at the time. Yes, Cox has been a huge improvement since Slade came in but prior to that out fullbacks were not exactly inundated with support.

I would also suggest Lynch would have been more comfortable with someone a little quicker than Butters covering him from left centre back.

Its all about opinions I guess though.

Don't you think it was supposed to work the other way, with Lynch covering Butters and not vice versa?

We played two backs who were more form than function last year, and that is why we conceded so many goals. Elphick does seem to do better when he gets back fast and defends with a little more passion - he's improving (and yet people raved about him when he was crap).
Lynch must have thought he was the dogs' cajones, because even though he was rubbish - he was on strike for more attention.
He got absolutely bitch-slapped last season against Mansfield, twice by the same player who simply passed the ball behind him, then ran around him to get it. Once was embarrassing, twice was too revealing for words.

If people want to say Guy Butters was in any way discomforting in defence, then they should wonder how we got results with him last season yet flunked this one in such numbing style.

Come on and face facts - Lynch was not that good, he was in the stiffs on merit, he was lucky to get a game anywhere else (but didn't do much there among supposedly better players), plus the important bit; he did not want to be here.

I don't much care if he's getting better pay and is in a league higher, he can stay there.

Why he is suddenly rated by any Albion supporters after all this, is beyond me.

Possibly fixtures but had a brief look for a similar new thread.

Slade says it is unlikely Joel will come back.

So, how much can we expect to get for the family silver?

Where did you read that Slade said he was unlikely to come back?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Said it somewhere else, but will be a loss to the club (clearly some people know more on here than an ex premiership now championship manager but hey ho) as he is quality player who will only get better. Good luck to him, would like to get 250k with some sell on clauses or the like and I think they are getting him cheap for that

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would be looking for at least £250k with a sell-on... he is young, under contract, and (allegedly) playing well at Forest...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Isn't this where we get a full set of first team kit,£1000........and they get a player for ten years?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
What if it goes to tribunal and they look on here for our recomendation :ohmy:

Just in case I think he must be worth at least a million!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here