Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch back for Albion training

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Think it's a good thing we are not burning our bridges with Lynch - what if Forest don't want to buy him anymore.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
This is a good point. We know that the initial falling out was between Lynch and Adams, Dick Knight was subsequently accused of sticking his oar in at some point too. It seems to me that, as stated in the above post, these factors have now been removed. The question is, would Lynch like to wait 2 years for Falmer or would he prefer to stay with the 'bigger' club and play at a big stadium now.

QUOTE]

My understanding was that the initial falling out was with DW mainly because Lynch was being a prize cock, something that he appears to excell at.
Without doubt a quality player though my Forest supporting mate says he only really came good at the end of the season, however a chip on his shoulder that will forever make him a liability. my view is that if Forest put in an offer we should take the money and run.

As an aside, I was informed that agents hate dealing with DK because he doesn't take any crap from them, which is where hammond fell foul.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It is one of the reasons other clubs' directors (sources from 4 clubs' boardrooms) respected DK so much - he was just as good at driving a bargain with the clubs as with the agents.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mixed feelings about this fellow, he's obviously got some talent but he appears to have a shocking attitude. Do we really want him rocking the good ship Albion? No 'I' in team and all that.....

I have spoken to him a few times and actually I have always found him a very personable young man.

He had a serious falling out with the previous regime, however he always regretted what happened.

I sincerely hope Slade can give him what he wants and he comes back a rejuvinated player as I always thought he was class.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This is a good point. We know that the initial falling out was between Lynch and Adams, Dick Knight was subsequently accused of sticking his oar in at some point too. It seems to me that, as stated in the above post, these factors have now been removed. The question is, would Lynch like to wait 2 years for Falmer or would he prefer to stay with the 'bigger' club and play at a big stadium now.

I would be happy if Lynch stays, he was a class act under Wilkins (when we came 7th), and he wasn't bad when he first broke into the first team under McGhee in the Championship either. I wouldn't be too upset if he goes... as long as we get a sum of money that reflects the amount of effort the club have gone to in order to develop Lynch as a player.

Also, we know that Lynch is admired by Slade - Elphick, Lynch and Cox were mentioned by Slade in his first ever interview as Brighton manager as the three players he really admired.

good post and lets face it having Lynch play for us again would be like having a new signing.
I also observed that RS rates him, his (RS) first interview was very enlightening things are slotting into place very nicely.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good player can only make our team better, Slade rates him and at the moment that is all that matters. If he is still here come August superb will only make us stronger and has had a added year of championship experience

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I have spoken to him a few times and actually I have always found him a very personable young man.

He had a serious falling out with the previous regime, however he always regretted what happened.

I sincerely hope Slade can give him what he wants and he comes back a rejuvinated player as I always thought he was class.

Only spoken to him once at one of the Christmas kiddies parties ... he obviously didn't want to be there, couldn't be arsed with talking to the kids and quite thought the whole thing beneath him, however the other players to a man were great. Lynch :tosser: He may have had an off day but not from what I have heard.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If Lynch doesn't want to play for Brighton then I would like him to come forward and say so now and then as far as I am concerned he can go. The club can look at seriously replacing him.

If, however, he wants to knuckle down and try and get into the 1st time, all well and good.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Leon Knight's probably available as well and we need a striker

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lynch is a great player, but I would now prefer a swap plus cash for a midfielder or striker from Forest...

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Brilliant news:yahoo:

I personally think he would win a regular place in the team if he were to stay.

At a minimum, I think that Slade should ask him to stay till January whilst McNulty is injured, and if he is still wanting a move, let him go then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here