Lynch back for Albion training

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Lynch back for Albion training

7:40am Tuesday 30th June 2009
By Brian Owen »

Defender Joel Lynch has been told he will be welcomed back at pre-season training.

Albion undertake fitness assessments at their Falmer training base this morning.

Lynch, who spent most of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest, will be among them, though he continues to be linked with a permanent switch to the City Ground.

Slade said: "As things stand Joel is starting the season with us. He’s a Brighton player and we've always said that.

“That could change but if a deal doesn’t happen, no problem. It will be good see him.”

Strike pair Nicky Forster and Glenn Murray, who were troubled by injury in the final weeks of last season, are both fit to start work today.

Another striker and a goalkeeper remain priorities for Albion in the transfer market although Slade has played down speculation linking him with Brett Pittman, Bournemouth’s top scorer last season.

Slade confirmed Albion were interested in Graeme Smith, Motherwell’s 26-year-old goalkeeper, but added: “He is one of a few on our short list.

“There are other keepers we are talking to.”

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It must be very doubtful that he will stay but Slade is saying the right things and you can always hope

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
From Lynch's point of view things have changed at this club quite dramatically:

A new chairman
A new manager who's talking sense
New players with more to come.

If Slade works his magic, Lynch could be persuaded to stay.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

A new chairman

This is a good point. We know that the initial falling out was between Lynch and Adams, Dick Knight was subsequently accused of sticking his oar in at some point too. It seems to me that, as stated in the above post, these factors have now been removed. The question is, would Lynch like to wait 2 years for Falmer or would he prefer to stay with the 'bigger' club and play at a big stadium now.

I would be happy if Lynch stays, he was a class act under Wilkins (when we came 7th), and he wasn't bad when he first broke into the first team under McGhee in the Championship either. I wouldn't be too upset if he goes... as long as we get a sum of money that reflects the amount of effort the club have gone to in order to develop Lynch as a player.

Also, we know that Lynch is admired by Slade - Elphick, Lynch and Cox were mentioned by Slade in his first ever interview as Brighton manager as the three players he really admired.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think we have moved on from Lynch personally, I don't think he would necessarily be regarded as a starter. Would much prefer to get the money for him and/or swap him for a Forest player.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Slade appears to take a firm stance on wantaway players.

He also seems able to get the best out of players.

Hopefully everyone concerned can sit down like adults and sort this mess out because one thing is clear, we are a better squad with Joel Lynch than without him.

If Slade can convince Lynch and Murray to stay that will be as good as two BIG signings.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

A new chairman

Slade, Nicky Forster and Tony Bloom should sit him down and tell him the facts of why staying here would be the best thing for him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Slade appears to take a firm stance on wantaway players.

He also seems able to get the best out of players.

Hopefully everyone concerned can sit down like adults and sort this mess out because one thing is clear, we are a better squad with Joel Lynch than without him.

If Slade can convince Lynch and Murray to stay that will be as good as two BIG signings.

Agreed.
Although in Murrays case, I think its his missus who Slade will have to sit down with.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mixed feelings about this fellow, he's obviously got some talent but he appears to have a shocking attitude. Do we really want him rocking the good ship Albion? No 'I' in team and all that.....

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Agreed.
Although in Murrays case, I think its his missus who Slade will have to sit down with.

Maybe big Russ can slap on some old spice and take her for a posh meal at Donatello and serenade her for an evening and make her realise that the only option is to stay in Brighton.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe big Russ can slap on some old spice and take her for a posh meal at Donatello and serenade her for an evening and make her realise that the only option is to stay in Brighton.

Think he'd have more luck by making her feel more at home in Brighton - such as installing an outside toilet at the Murray residence.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He'll only throw his joys out of the pram when he's not playing again. Got a better left back and two (arguably 3) better cbs.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He'll only throw his joys out of the pram when he's not playing again. Got a better left back and two (arguably 3) better cbs.

Exactly. Whats to say that if he isn't in the team come the first game of the season that he won't throw his toys out of the pram. I'm sure the wheels are in motion for his hasty departure.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If he gets his head down and wants to play for us then fair play.

Could be good cover for McNulty. (Anyone know when he is back incidently ?)

Lynch has never really done it and has looked error prone, but he is young and the stint at Forest may of improved him ten fold

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bad idea, one bad game from him and 1/2 the crowd will be on his back because of his previous wantaway attitude. Hope we get shot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here