Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lyla, don't believe the truth

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hope the rest of the CD is as good as this !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you enjoy 'Street Fighting Man' just check out Beggars Banquet by the Rolling Stones and you will be able to hear the rest of the album NOW

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
C'mon Oasis, I'm still waiting for something decent since Whats The Story and Definately Maybe (Whatever and The Masterplan were good singles too) but Lyla is poor. It's just Liam screeching over two chords for 3 minutes, disappointing.

:nono:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Apparently the new album is their bes tin a while but I will reserve judgement until I have heard it I think.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Apparently the new album is their best in a while but I will reserve judgement until I have heard it I think.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
tinx said:
Apparently the new album is their best in a while but I will reserve judgement until I have heard it I think.

they say this everytime they release a new album.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Marshy said:

Thats because they leave it a while between each album.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Marshy said:

Very true. Oasis made one halfway decent album in Definitely Maybe. All they ever do is re-release it every couple of years, with different song titles and a different picture on the sleeve...

I've never been able to see what the fuss is about.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Surely the only difference between Oasis and the average band you'll see at your local is that one landed a big contract? Never seen the fascination at all...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DTES said:
Surely the only difference between Oasis and the average band you'll see at your local is that one landed a big contract? Never seen the fascination at all...

Think you're selling them a bit short there. Definitely Maybe is a very good album indeed that deserved the praise it got. Every track on there was full of energy and balls. They were certainly helped by their swagger and at times you could say this made up for some pretty smiplistic song writing but that's what 'brit pop' was about. Swagger.

Undoubtedly since they started making money they lost the abililty to write a really strong tune but so would you if you had millions of pounds and a couple of kids.

Plus everyone knows that Noel had his first 3 albums written before the release of Definitely Maybe anyway. Oh and find me a better B-sides album than their's and I'll surprised.

What I'm trying to say is they were probably just in the right place at the right time but their music early on deserved to be heard because it contained a lot of feeling.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
well i like the song :) so there

not raising my hopes for the album though

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good call Braders, I like it too and following two (at the very least) albums it is hopefully back on track for Oasis. However, if this album is a dud I suspect that (Greatest Hits not withstanding) it'll be their last.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
isn't this there last contracted album ? i'm sure i read that somewhere?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You could be right. I reckon that Noel would do better on his own anyway, well, at least without Liam who is to song writing what Michael Jackson is to child care.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Where they f***ed up was wasting great songs on B-sides.

If Masterplan and Acquiesce etc had been on Be Here Now it would have been a decent album

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Dale Jasper said:
Where they f***ed up was wasting great songs on B-sides.

If Masterplan and Acquiesce etc had been on Be Here Now it would have been a decent album

Both songs mentioned was on The Masterplan album which was quite a good album (well one of the better ones after Whats the Story Morning Glorning album)

I really like the song though and hopefully this new album will actually be decent this time

Worst Oasis album of all time = Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants... Absaloutly CRAP

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
i'm sure the album will be circulating torrents soon :bounce:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cereal Killer said:
Both songs mentioned was on The Masterplan album which was quite a good album (well one of the better ones after Whats the Story Morning Glorning album)

Think he was making the point that songs like Acquiesce and Half the World Away and Talk Tonight should have made up the third album. Gallagher had the first two albums and a host o b sides written before the release of Definitely Maybe and should have held some B-Sides back for the third album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here