Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lying scum Archer - NEVER forget why you will always be despised here...

D

Deleted User X18H

tracesmart tells me where he lives .................therefore i will not visit that part country and in so doing maintain my liberty

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some of the younger fans on here may not actually know why the previous regime are so despised by the fans who were there and lived through it in 96/97, sir albion. Plus I don't remember ever having seen that particular piece of footage - the sight of the three stooges squirming in the face of some close questioning was worth seeing again in my opinion.

Apols if it bored you though.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I hope all the younger supporters who weren't around at the time watch that video, it shows exactly what lying, cheating scumbags Archer, Bellotti and Stanley were.

We will NEVER forget what they did to our club.

Whilst our crowds are down these days, there must be a large proportion of our average gate who never knew these times and never experienced The Goldstone and the battles we lived through because they were too young - or not even born.

Reading the average NSC thread or the back page of the Argus, these youngsters might think that The Albion are in some sort of crisis at the moment. If this is a crisis........

I hope that they never see a real crisis like the one caused by the crooks that they can see on this video.

I am looking forward to attending the first game at Falmer (as long as it doesn't clash with Archer's funeral)

:albion2:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Some of the younger fans on here may not actually know why the previous regime are so despised by the fans who were there and lived through it in 96/97, sir albion. Plus I don't remember ever having seen that particular piece of footage - the sight of the three stooges squirming in the face of some close questioning was worth seeing again in my opinion.

Apols if it bored you though.
I can't see how many wouldn't know what went on as it was everywhere and still is,many im sure would enjoy the clip though.:whisky:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Half of me really enjoyed watching that and watching the buggers squirm. It made the other half of me profoundly depressed to remember how those crooks shafted us.

Watching it also makes you appreciate just what spineless weeds both Archer - but particularly Stanley - were.

D

Deleted User X18H

Off Topic Re Phone Usb

......If the booklet that comes with my phone states the USB needs to have following Windows 2000 Windows XP or XP Professional will it not work with Vista ??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Archer clearly has trouble even remembering his own lawyers name, the berk.

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
It is as much a part of our history as the Great/bad moments on the pitch.

My Albion is about shared experiences, community, history, hope, beer and long stories through long nights and an enduring love for the Goldstone, ken Beamish, Brian Powney, Norman Gall, Gerry Fell, Fred Binney, Tony Towner, Peter Ward, Nobby, Fozzie, Albion fans, the town etc etc etc

We should never forget Archer, Bellotti or Stanley or what they tried to do to the Albion. That the Albion survived and even made it into the second tier again is amazing, one of the true great stories of English football and is known and respected throughout the country's football "community" and is a credit to us all.

I live in Italy these days and when news that we had Falmer came through The Gazzetta dello Sport website had a page on this news, they knew this history and we should use it to make us strong, not bitter as that means Archer et al win.

Now that ref Challis, let's be bitter about him... and that rainy night at the Bridge

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
The worst of days, the best of days. An essential part of our history and a fans` campaign to be proud of, a campaign that set the standards for fan fightbacks against corrupt chairman. It's the benchmark even now. It united fans everywhere. I hate Archer and Bellotti even now, but what a mighty response they provoked and many other clubs have benefited from what our fans did to oust those corrupt men.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Eversheds were the club's lawyers.

Roy Chuter famously received a libel writ from them in 1996 demading an apology on behalf of David Bellotti. It was so full of basic grammatical and typographic errors, that he wrote back to them, telling them he wasn't fooled by such a piece of comedic writing, with all of the errors (27 I think it was) marked up and corrected, free of charge.

It was re-printed in Gull's Eye and Build a Bonfire.

That was hilarious! Remember that well :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The letter began

"Dear Sirs

I fear someone may have broken into your offices and stolen a quantity of your headed notepaper."

:D

I remember that......

I wonder if anyone can scan it on to here from the original Gulls Eye?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
At the time I was just confused by it all and yet as I get older I'm still left bewildered at how they ever got away with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here