Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lying about your qualifications...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Reading this thread who'd be an employer? You typically pay 20% of gross annual salary to recruit someone who, 6months down the line, you find out is a total bullshitter.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Reading this thread who'd be an employer? You typically pay 20% of gross annual salary to recruit someone who, 6months down the line, you find out is a total bullshitter.

So what if they are a bullshitter...., if they can do the job?

Employee's dont get truth from bosses all the time....we just get told what we need to be told..most things are hush hush to the staff.

So why not give them some of their own medicine..if you work to a standard that gets the job done it surely doesnt matter.

Companies blead some people dry to make themselves rich...and dont give a shi* about their staff, most are just a number that will be replaced at the first signs of a mistake..its a revolving door and in this world you sometimes have to stretch the truth to get anywhere.

I dont feel bad at all about lying to any company ive worked for, as my work is not my life...if i lose my job im qualified enough to find another.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely by saying someone is a "bullshitter" it's implicit they CAN'T do the job?

I've learned the hard way. I employed a 20-something bright young thing with an embellished CV and a "can do" answer to every question. She foxed the recruitment agent and she foxed me too, I eventually sacked her 9 months in and the shocked look on her face when she got the news was a picture but not, sadly, worth the £5K hit I took on her recruitment fee.

She didn't contest the sacking, she knew she'd been found out.

So my advice to all job applicants is be honest, you'll get found out in the end.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Most people who are in management are retarded.

about a third of CV have false dates or Qualifications, they are on the otherhand easier to get rid of in a recession as you can dismiss them rather than pay redundancey. There is a qualifications database that employers can check up.

Quite often though its down to HR departments and those bottomfeeders are on the same bottom rung mentally as recruitment agencies.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are in the process of recruiting 6 new employees, and most agencies seem to want 10-12% of EACH employees wage for a year. I could hire 2 very good HR people, or another very highly skilled engineer for that amount of money, crazy

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Surely by saying someone is a "bullshitter" it's implicit they CAN'T do the job?

I've learned the hard way. I employed a 20-something bright young thing with an embellished CV and a "can do" answer to every question. She foxed the recruitment agent and she foxed me too, I eventually sacked her 9 months in and the shocked look on her face when she got the news was a picture but not, sadly, worth the £5K hit I took on her recruitment fee.

She didn't contest the sacking, she knew she'd been found out.

So my advice to all job applicants is be honest, you'll get found out in the end.

So you employed her because she was attractive? Exactly what I would have done!

On a serious note....sorry to hear that happened to you mate....can I ask though why you used a recruitment agency?

I used to get lots of temping jobs at offices in my early working life and when i got freinds with my bosses they'd end up telling me they paid this for me or that for me...some 3k-5k.....

Surely its easier just to self manage a few cv's and conduct a 2 stage interview process and save the money?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This wouldn't have been a few CVs, it would have been dozens and dozens. I charge by the hour so even though the recuitment fee was high the time I managed to bill by outsourcing more than covered the cost. If I'd have done the initial work my cashflow would have been buggered for a month.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
So what if they are a bullshitter...., if they can do the job?

Employee's dont get truth from bosses all the time....we just get told what we need to be told..most things are hush hush to the staff.

So why not give them some of their own medicine..if you work to a standard that gets the job done it surely doesnt matter.

Companies blead some people dry to make themselves rich...and dont give a shi* about their staff, most are just a number that will be replaced at the first signs of a mistake..its a revolving door and in this world you sometimes have to stretch the truth to get anywhere.

I dont feel bad at all about lying to any company ive worked for, as my work is not my life...if i lose my job im qualified enough to find another.

What a strange ideal thats is ok to lie.???

You differentiate from employees & staff, (staff are employees as well)

You are obviously not career oriented and assume you just bounce form job to job ?
But to feel its ok to lie to them i find rather strange and slightly disturbing.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
I don't need to lie. I'm the President.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Forged an Australian citizenship certificate .
Borrowed my brother's , who was 5 years older than me .
Photocopied it . Using Liquid Paper , changed the christian name & d.o.b.
Put it through the copier again .
If asked for the orginal , my answer was to be , " my mum's so proud , it's on her mantlepiece
back in England " .
On the North Shore Line into the city , made a mental note of the different aged schools .
Don't laugh , that conjob scored me my dream job first time out !!
That was 27 years ago . Might have trouble getting away with it nowadays .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here