Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LVCC - Sussex vs Lancashire - Hove (Starts 30/5/07)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
_lg_event_logo.jpg

double-winners-logo-web.jpg
------v------
lancashire.jpg

Sussex v Lancashire preview
The two best teams from 2006 slug it out at Hove...

Probably the biggest encounter in County Cricket these days is the Sussex v Lancashire clash, and tomorrow's encounter looks set to be as enthralling as ever.

Both sides have had reasonable starts in the Championship, with Sussex having won one more game but Lancashire remaining unbeaten.

The situation has set this LVC match up to be a vital head-to-head, even this early in the season. Both teams sit in mid table with the top two in their sights, both teams have the experience of chasing trophies and both teams are packed full of talent.

Lancashire have named almost their strongest possible squad:

Mark Chilton (Capt), James Anderson, Dominic Cork, Steven Croft, Andrew Flintoff, Brad Hodge, Paul Horton, Gary Keedy, Stuart Law, Mal Loye, Sajid Mahmood, Muttiah Muralitharan, Tom Smith, Luke Sutton (w/keeper).

There are plenty of big names in that list but there is good news on the Sussex side as well. Michael Yardy returns to the squad for the first time since retiring hurt on 99 in the curtain-raiser at Lord's versus the MCC. His solidarity should he be selected would bolster any side in the Division. Furthermore, Mushtaq Ahmed needs just seven more wickets to reach 400 first-class victims for Sussex. Could this be the week? James Kirtley, (still agonisingly sitting on 599 wickets) misses out and will travel to Canterbury to play for the 2nd XI.

Sussex squad:

Chris Adams (Capt), Mushtaq Ahmed, Murray Goodwin, Andrew Hodd (w/keeper), Carl Hopkinson, Jason Lewry, Robin Martin-Jenkins, Richard Montgomerie, Chris Nash, Rana Naved Ul-Hasan, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy.

http://www.sussexcricket.co.uk/news-events/news-desk/news-archive/?m_news_articlesID=351&b=100

I.....can't....wait.

:clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
:eek:
Forgot about this. What's the forecast for tomorrow? If it's good, i'm going down there after my exams in the morning

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Rain in the morning and showers until Sunday.

larus

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff has been ruled out of Lancashire's LV
County Championship game at Sussex today due to further problems with his ankle.

300908 MAY 07

Mixed views about that.

Good for us, not so good for England though. Hope this does get sorted eventually.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
larus said:
Mixed views about that.

Good for us, not so good for England though. Hope this does get sorted eventually.

I too hope they get it sorted: but I'm more concerned that he's right for the long term - including the 2009 Ashes than for the poorest West Indies side I've ever seen. If he needs to take a year off to get it right: do it. I don't think he's been 100% since the last Ashes series.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Online commentary link anyone? doesn't appear to be one on the BBC website.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
pasty said:
Online commentary link anyone? doesn't appear to be one on the BBC website.
? I will be OUTRAGED if denied the opportunity to listen with Leesy for the next 3 days at work... :angry:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Dank and dismal in BN22 at the moment with no prospect of improvement...

What's it like in BN3...? Prospects for play? :nono:

Edit: see above - thanks... bad news :nono: Can't see there being a result if the pitch is anything like the Surrey one...

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its overcast in N1

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As a diversion, there is a nice programme to listen to online about 50 Years of TMS... link through BBC Sport page or Radio 4 "Archive Hour"...

Edit: make sure you get the hour long "Archive Hour" programme and not just the 20 minute "special"...

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Moshe Gariani said:
As a diversion, there is a nice programme to listen to online about 50 Years of TMS... link through BBC Sport page or Radio 4 "Archive Hour"...

Edit: make sure you get the hour long "Archive Hour" programme and not just the 20 minute "special"...

I hope it has the "Oh do stop it Aggers" incident on it
:lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
pasty said:
I hope it has the "Oh do stop it Aggers" incident on it
:lolol:
:D all sorts of treats... listening now and there's just been a nice bit making a parallel with religious ceremony - "And there's no run" being the TMS equivalent of "Amen"...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh the irony

current.jpg

Temperature 8.3°C
Humidity 64%
Dewpoint 1.9°C
Wind ESE at 2.0 mph
Barometer 1002.7 mb & Falling Slowly
Today's Rain 0.0 mm