BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Clashes with Pride.

Oh, wait…
Who’d have thought it.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I remember when we came up we had to spend 7 million on new TV studios. That was the season Sky followed BT and started standing on the pitch pre-match! And during the match for that matter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only they'd made their club Premier League Ready.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who’d have thought it.

Ridiculous, I thought only Burnley lives matter

Last edited:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Does seem weird that the "super computer" spat out Luton vs Burnely as their first home game. You'd think they wouldn't have them playing someone they faced 6 months ago.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Don’t want to say I told you so but posted weeks ago that they should play at Milton Keynes until their stadium is sorted. I told you s Shame no one thought of that idea.

Yep, I’m sure Luton would love to play at a soulless bowl in which generating an atmosphere would be almost impossible, instead of in their compact atmospheric non PLR ground which may just give them enough of an edge to stay up.

Well done you, give yourself a well deserved pat on the back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The report I heard on 5Live stated they were on schedule, but are aware that any kind of hitch at all would mean the fixture would need to be postponed, so they'd rather push it back now, and not last minute, stuffing up fans more than is the case by doing it now.
A perfect synopsis. I salute your razor sharp mind and attention to detail.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Yep, I’m sure Luton would love to play at a soulless bowl in which generating an atmosphere would be almost impossible, instead of in their compact atmospheric non PLR ground which may just give them enough of an edge to stay up.

Cheers. They can all go to IKEA for the day now instead 🤫. Win win.

I’m going to contact my Saints supporting mate with your advice and tell him they should have stayed at the compact atmospheric* Dell, and would have stayed up if they had done (*aka sh*thole).

Last edited:

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Cheers. They can all go to IKEA for the day now instead 🤫. Win win.

I’m going to contact my Saints supporting mate with your advice and tell him they should have stayed at the compact atmospheric* Dell, and would have stayed up if they had done (*aka sh*thole).
They were in the Premier League last time they played there so on this occasion you may actually be right…

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Are Burnley in their rights here to say "so what" - play it somewhere else then? No rule to say a home game has to be at your home ground. You should be able to fulfil fixtures as a minumum rule in the premier league.

If I was the Burnley chairman I'd be saying that. Harking back to Middlesborough running out of players in the 90s and getting docked 3 points when they could have played 17year old kids from the youth team and got 0 points and stayed up. Enough grounds in London they can play at.

Is it not a fundamental thing that if youre playing in the premier league, your stadium should be ready for it?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
They were in the Premier League last time they played there so on this occasion you may actually be right…
Yep. Like playing at Withdean, sooooo much more intimidating and I think on this one occasion you might be right too! Give yourself a pat on the back!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

It less about wanting or loving to play at Ground X. If Ground Z isn't fit for purpose then you make do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because Burnley don't want to play 4 home games and 0 away while the transfer window is open.
What difference does it make ? You'd only be switching 1 game from A to H, so 3 out of 4 becomes 4 out of 4. For a newly promoted side finding its feet in the PL again, I'd have thought that would be quite a welcome advantage.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sounding like an entitled top six fan there as is Bozza with “let’s just relegate them” :lolol:
I agree. I'm not sure that Brighton v Stoke City got the juices flowing for many when we arrived at the top table.

During the anti-football season of 2018/19 pretty much anyone against us was dreary.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
What difference does it make ? You'd only be switching 1 game from A to H, so 3 out of 4 becomes 4 out of 4. For a newly promoted side finding its feet in the PL again, I'd have thought that would be quite a welcome advantage.
I suspect they would prefer to wait until after the transfer window closes. If we have to play 4 home games without our full squad, it could be a significant disadvantage.

Mind you, a newly promoted side isn't where you want to play on their first home game. They'll be well up for it.

As for the League forcing them to play somewhere, Liverpool set a precedent a few years back (also against Burnley). Anfield wasn't ready, so they swapped their first home game to Turf Moor and we played at Anfield later. And of course they weren't going to make Liverpool play anywhere else, so having established the precedent, they can't do it to Luton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here