Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton's first goal

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yep, I was there, I heard the "keeper" scream, Virgo was caught in two minds, as a defender, he should just boot it away and ask questions later. It was an error of judgement by Virgo, though, should Michel have been out there in the first place? I'd say they both made a mistake.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what i dont understand, is if kuipers was SCREAMING for it as has been stated, then why does he appear to pull out of clearing it? virgo doesnt touch it, surely kuipers should have just HACKED it away if he was demanding to make it his ball, taking virgo out in the process, rather than the two of them just looking like complete mongs as the ball rolls between them

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
what i dont understand, is if kuipers was SCREAMING for it as has been stated, then why does he appear to pull out of clearing it? virgo doesnt touch it, surely kuipers should have just HACKED it away if he was demanding to make it his ball, taking virgo out in the process, rather than the two of them just looking like complete mongs as the ball rolls between them

f*** knows? It's like he was worried about clattering Virgo!!

If i was Kuipers i would have taken Virgo out to get to the ball in that position.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
f*** knows? It's like he was worried about clattering Virgo!!

If i was Kuipers i would have taken Virgo out to get to the ball in that position.

definitely

and if he called it, then like you sau, regardless of who was in the way, he should have gone through them to get rid of it. once kuipers had made the call, as most people seem to think he did, then virgo would surely have been EXPECTING him to get it even if he was in the way, hence why he completely left it

whichever way you look at it, both of them have been made to look like complete jokers, and with it a potential wembley final

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
definitely

and if he called it, then like you sau, regardless of who was in the way, he should have gone through them to get rid of it. once kuipers had made the call, as most people seem to think he did, then virgo would surely have been EXPECTING him to get it even if he was in the way, hence why he completely left it

whichever way you look at it, both of them have been made to look like complete jokers, and with it a potential wembley final

Yep like time stood still just like Hinsh's backpass.

Oh well it has happened and hopefully we don't get relegated.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
100% Kuipers as Virgo was shaping to put the ball in row z and Kuipers took Virgos legs from under him and then missed the ball completely himself. When a goalkeeper commits himself like that he must win the ball.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
100% Kuipers as Virgo was shaping to put the ball in row z and Kuipers took Virgos legs from under him and then missed the ball completely himself. When a goalkeeper commits himself like that he must win the ball.

Kuipers called for it and Virgo moved into his path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
"and the keepers made a terrible mistake"

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How the hell does anyone on here know that Virgo didn't call for it? What a load of shit.

QUite clearly both of them at fault.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Watching it on TV I assumed, from the way that Michel came out, that he had called for it and that Virgo was in the wrong. However, that doesn't excuse him for stopping when he actually reached the ball. He should have crunched it into the stand and picked up the shattered pieces of Virgo's leg afterwards.

Made us look like a bunch of clowns. No, wait...

Mr Apples

Jack Scrumpy
Aug 9, 2007
In The Orchard
No need for Kuipers to be there in the first place. Then even if Virgo misses the ball there's no great danger as the keeper is actually in position - in his goal.

I think that as it was his first game for two months Kuipers wanted an early touch of the ball and just came charging out recklessly whether he could get there or not.

Virgo's not entirely blameless. As a defender, even if you hear a call from a keeper or another player, if you think you are best placed to deal with the situation, then deal with it by booting the ball into the stand. Then discuss it afterwards when it's still 0-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here