Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Town v Brighton & Hove Albion (Official Thread)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe everybody should cancel en masse-they might wake up then.

I'm not sure there's enough of us for them to really care to be honest.

All they will do is offer to extend the subscription.

You pay PTV to provide a service and on more than once occasion they fail without even a word of apology on their website.

I'm ready for the potential excuse of it being an SCR problem, but that's besides the point when you pay PTV to provide a service.

It's their problem to ensure that it's up there.

What makes it even more outrageous (in my opinion) is that because of the complexities of the commentary rights the company fail to provide a service that I've already paid for throught the licence fee.

Quite quick to ring you up at home asking you to subscribe, not so quick to reply or bother to give subsribers an indication there is a problem.

Shocking service again from Premium TV.

Before I renew, I'll need some indication from the club that someone is on hand to check that the commentary is working and available and if not, something needs to placed on the site.

I'm not blaming the club for the lack of service, but whilst us subscribers sit here waiting for it to magically appear, the fact that there is no indication that the commentary would be unavailable for the rest of the afternoon isn't good enough.

It's the arrogance of PTV simply re-routing the Luton commentary and not thinking that an online apology or explanation might be appropriate that really annoys me.

Last edited:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
This is exactly how I feel. Nothing not even a message on the site to say sorry for not bringing us the comm. Either PTV or the club don't care, or they are just a bunch of bloody numpties who dont know what they are doing.

Yes we already pay for the TV Licence, and we pay PTV on top of this for a shity service and thats the part that really pisses me off. I dont want to cancel my subscription. I work hard all week and look forward to listening to the match and the phone in over the weekend.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is exactly how I feel. Nothing not even a message on the site to say sorry for not bringing us the comm. Either PTV or the club don't care, or they are just a bunch of bloody numpties who dont know what they are doing.

Yes we already pay for the TV Licence, and we pay PTV on top of this for a shity service and thats the part that really pisses me off. I dont want to cancel my subscription. I work hard all week and look forward to listening to the match and the phone in over the weekend.

The licence fee issue is a complicated one (the BBC don't own the rights), and not one I'm particularly upset about WHEN THE SERVICE WORKS

I wouldn't blame the club to be honest and it isn't up to them to apologise, but I would however expect somebody to ensure the commentary was working and update the site accordingly.

Mods - you may want to move these posts to the Seagulls World Thread, much better place and probably wasting space here.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
No long been back. A good win though I fell its to little to late ect.

Chant of the day, with les than 5 mins left on the clock:

Luton to us: "we can see you holding hands"

Our response: "We can see you going down!":lol:

A good second half prformance. We were abysmal first half but wilkins must have inspired us to our 6th away win of the season.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
If it's any consolation, I think if we had beaten P.V. 10-0, and snatched a point at Southend, we still would not have been in the play off frame at teatime on Saturday.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Luton is a shithole, the carrots that came with my macaroni cheese were sickening.

Good performance second half, wasn't too impressed with Mayo's defending for the first goal or the entire teams performance first half.

Thomson came into his own as captain and I thought it was definately one of his best games for the Albion.

My chant of the day was the "Que Sera Sera, Whatever will be, will be, you're going to Shrewsbury, you're going to Shrewsbury"

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'll be in Luton tomorrow, now what message shall I write in the dirt on the back of the lorry?

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Can I ask the Albion fans who sang "You're going down in a minute" why they did so? I was pleased to see Albion win. But it gave me no pleasure to see Luton relegated as a result. Sheffield Wednesday fans did the same to us two years ago and we didn't like it. Luton Town have been mismanaged and their very existence is in doubt. Saturday's game must have been a depressing spectacle for Luton fans. So why make them feel worse? Football supporters are depressingly half-witted and predictable.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here