Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton now got 3m quid

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Seems alot of money. Should be replacable with that sort of wonga

West Brom have signed highly-rated Luton defender Curtis Davies for £3m.
The £3m fee for Davies, 20, who has signed a four-year deal, is a record for West Brom and was the third biggest domestic move on deadline day.

West Brom boss Bryan Robson told the club's website: "I believe he's got a really good future in the game.

"Curtis is one of the most outstanding young centre halves I've seen for some time," added Robson.

Davies arrival takes Albion's summer spending to £9m and follows the arrival of Nathan Ellington, Darren Carter, Diomansy Kamara, Steve Watson and on-loan Chris Kirkland.

The 6ft 2in Davies made 62 appearances for Luton scoring two goals, his last coming on Monday in the 2-1 win over Millwall.

He joined the club as a 16-year-old trialist and made his debut two years later.

:eek:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They might have £3 million but they can't spend it for a while can they ?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
We've got centre backs coming out of our ears so while he'll be missed (because he's a top player) it isn't disastrous.

Selling has always been the Luton way and it might well let us buy someone come December when we know which areas we need to improve on.

Should slow Luton down a bit.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Personally I say good luck to Luton (except when they play us).

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
its good to see luton doing so well.
however, whats the betting they'll do what plymouth did last season and end up fighting for survival?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Hope to think that we won't but know that we aren't going to continue at this pace. Our best assett is that we;ve got a decent squad that can handle a few people dropping out, we're not just relying on a few players.

Think we'll be too good for you boys

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Think we'll be too good for you boys
no i doubt it. We wont be a push over like Palarse was.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's an incredible prospect. Good signing for t'other Albion.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
maybe they can spend some of the 3m on the entrance and 'bridge over a garden' at the away end of their ground. Kenilworth road is nearly as rubbish as withdean or brentford

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Stinky Kat said:
maybe they can spend some of the 3m on the entrance and 'bridge over a garden' at the away end of their ground. Kenilworth road is nearly as rubbish as withdean or brentford

i love it - the novelty of entering through a front room is one rarely experienced anywhere else in england

I think there are worse grounds - don't know why we slag it off so much. Would be nice to see a decent Albion performance there soon though. And less of the "small town in Delhi" crap.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
moggy said:
its good to see luton doing so well.
however, whats the betting they'll do what plymouth did last season and end up fighting for survival?
I don't think so...........they have arguably the best young manager in the game, and all the time he's there, they will do ok.
It doesn't surprise me at all, the way Luton have started this season.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Could we of got a little bit more for Virgo?Say 2 mill?

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Luton got 3 million and a sell on clause as well i do believe.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
London Irish said:
I think there are worse grounds - don't know why we slag it off so much. Would be nice to see a decent Albion performance there soon though. And less of the "small town in Delhi" crap.

More PC shit from London Tea Caddy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry. I've worked in Luton and it really is all that most say, Chav City without a doubt.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
bhaexpress said:
Sorry. I've worked in Luton and it really is all that most say, Chav City without a doubt.

Its chav city. Its also pretty asian too. Didnt the London bombers meet there?

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
I expect most of it will go towards funding proposals for the site they have chosen for a new ground, i heard they were now moving forward in aspect to getting a new stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here