Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Game Cancelled

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
How can it be right that a right wing demo in Luton causes their game against York later in the month to be cancelled on Police advice. I know the Police will say that they do not have the manpower to cover both events but the regular event (ie the football match) should take precedence. The 'possible disorder' would not be at the game as most Asians/Muslims are not the most avid football fans. Why are the law abiding football fans having their event cancelled because of any potential disorder at an entirely seperate gathering? Surely the Police should stop the demo. It seems the innocent are being penalised for the actions of others.

Still it seems to fit in with government policy nowadays - Catch the easy targets whist struggling to get the real villains.:US:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I sort of agree. Everybody has the right to protest, however - couldn't the police have requested that the protest happen at a different time?

I'm sure someone (Edna?) may be able to give a perfectly logical reason why...

I know the Police will say that they do not have the manpower to cover both events but the regular event (ie the football match) should take precedence.

If only one can be policed then surely the one most likely to cause public disturbance or illeagal activity should take precedence?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If only one can be policed then surely the one most likely to cause public disturbance or illeagal activity should take precedence?

That would be the logical answer I was looking for.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Opposite

How about cracking down/cancelling the event likely to cause problems?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
and by the same token why don't they move Pride to midweek, after all the football season was there first

Now that is a fantastic idea. I nominate maybe Jan/Feb preferably when its COLD and RAINING. :clap2:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
How can it be right that a right wing demo in Luton causes their game against York later in the month to be cancelled on Police advice. I know the Police will say that they do not have the manpower to cover both events but the regular event (ie the football match) should take precedence. The 'possible disorder' would not be at the game as most Asians/Muslims are not the most avid football fans. Why are the law abiding football fans having their event cancelled because of any potential disorder at an entirely seperate gathering? Surely the Police should stop the demo. It seems the innocent are being penalised for the actions of others.

Still it seems to fit in with government policy nowadays - Catch the easy targets whist struggling to get the real villains.:US:

In this country today,the immediate reaction of the 'authorities' is to ban,prevent,legislate against,make everybody suffer for the wrongdoing of the minority,over-react,panic,blame health and safety,take dubious moral high ground.....I could go on,but you get the gist!!!:ban:

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
two demonstrations in Brum this Saturday
England United via anti rascism

KO 2.00 pm High St

England United should be watching the England game not winding the others up

Dandyman

In London village.
Why do the call it a right wing demo

Could it be that the EDL are a bunch of racist thugs?

From their own site I note that they want to " Remove ALL practice of Shari'ah Law in England" - so that will be a ban on refusing to charge interest on loans I take it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here