Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Fan - Here in Peace.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Missed out the word 'no'.

Should read...

I came here with attitude towards giving you lot no grief, as I don't mind brighton as a town or club

Not a great improvement! (I didn't come here....?)

Have you realised you could easily be going to Wembley 3 times in 14 months?
(JPT, Blue Sq play-off final, FA Trophy final)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We will have money not seen in the conference before, and i'm not saying it will be millions, or even hundreds of thousands each time we buy a player, but our hardcore element of fans of around 5000 will be about 2 or 3 times bigger than the richest clubs budget currently there. And I will enjoy next season, just to have a season with no points deductions and no fans being punished for the injustice of others.

I think you will be in for a bit of a shock when you reach the conference if that is your attitude. There are bigger fan bases and more money than you might think.

It is not an easy league to get out of.

KennyStandHatter

Feb 19, 2009
We'll have the biggest crowds, should we get 4500/500 a week. This is assumed, I know. But I think it's a low end of the scale. It is a hard league, only one guarenteed place up into League Two again.

Oh - edit - and I was born dyslexic. Sorry I do make the odd error as my brain goes too fast for my fingers. I don't do too bad considering. ;)

KennyStandHatter

Feb 19, 2009
Ah, I try not to use it as an excuse but when i'm stressed or tired (like tonight) it needs to be explained and apologised for.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was going to say that there are clubs like Cambridge and Oxford, who both spent quite a lot of time in the FL, who have struggled to get out of the Conference. Their gates and budgets are pretty good. Wrexham are another club who are getting fairly good crowds and who can attract some fairly decent players.

I am not saying that you won't do well in the Conference, it is just that there are some other "big" clubs in the league who won't make it easy for you.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
But we won't? Your trying to stir things up unneccesarily (sp?) and it's making you look immature and spiteful, even to your own fans. I came here with attitude towards giving you lot grief, as I don't mind brighton as a town or club. I don't look for your results each week, but theres no animosity between us I don't think. Seems liek a few people would like it that way...

Nice to see the majority are respectful posts though. To be honest, I'm not expecting us to beat Scunthorpe. I think our best chance is trying to hold them for penalties, playing perhaps like we did against you. Its just nice to get to Wembley. Anything extra is a bonus.

On the original, quoted, post... We won't be going anywhere other than the Blue Square Premier/Conference next season if we do go down. This has been checked and verified by all it needs to be. We will have money not seen in the conference before, and i'm not saying it will be millions, or even hundreds of thousands each time we buy a player, but our hardcore element of fans of around 5000 will be about 2 or 3 times bigger than the richest clubs budget currently there. And I will enjoy next season, just to have a season with no points deductions and no fans being punished for the injustice of others.

We shall see.

On past form the Conference have found ways to carry on punishing clubs for even past offences.

Would be some sort of record, dropping 5 divisions in 3 seasons...

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
i noticed the commentary on the the game was all poor luton. f*** off your club dealt illegally off and on the field and are being punished as a result end off. Boo Hoo

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There will be several clubs in the Conference next season with decent attendance figures , apart from Oxford , Cambridge , Wrexham and Luton there is also the prospect of Wimbledon.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I sympathise with Luton, Rotherham and B'mouth fans after the points deductions. I watched the game on tv. The impression you got was that many fans on the pitch were more interested in gloating at the away fans than celebrating. OK some of ours did it against Man City. On TV that sort of thing makes fans look a bit silly. A bit like Sarfend chanting "Who are yer?" at Chelski.
No big deal but just an observation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here