Luton Fan - Here in Peace.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Luton fan - Peace off!...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope their Players walk on to the pitch at Wembley with a massive banner proclaiming what a joke the FA/FL are.
What is it with this moan at the FA. Some clubs took the piss (Leeds, Leicester etc) so people were understandably pissed off that they were getting away with bending the rules. Consequently new, more rigid rules were put in place. Is it OK for little clubs like Luton break the rules then? Should only bigger clubs like Leeds expect to get clobbered going forward?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
- if we wanted hassle we'd have gone for you. It was just a laugh,

...a lovely post and one that probably took a very long time to pen, however hidden amongst it was that little gem...not everything is always as it seems, I suspect that Kenny is either a bit of a keyboard warrior on the side or may even be partial to the odd ruck himself.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
What is it with this moan at the FA. Some clubs took the piss (Leeds, Leicester etc) so people were understandably pissed off that they were getting away with bending the rules. Consequently new, more rigid rules were put in place. Is it OK for little clubs like Luton break the rules then? Should only bigger clubs like Leeds expect to get clobbered going forward?

I agree 100%.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I dunno wether to say well done or f*** off,it would have been the well done if it had not been for the idiot who thought it would be really funny and well hard to lob a 50p a 9 year old girl from a range of about 10 feet,luckily for both the coin hit her in the arm and not the head as i can assure you if your fans wanted it or not you would have got it,so the bullshit about you were having a laugh dosnt hold any water with me,just a bunch of cowards using the stewards and police as protection to big it up,as for the football,it was dire,2 poor teams on a poor pitch spoiled by a shit ref,if anybody had said to me we would lose a game of football over 2 legs to luton i would have laughed my bollox off,but thats what happend and you had the last laugh,and thats football.
As for the points deductions i think thats harsh to say the least so have to sympathise a little there but add 30 points to your tally and you as a club would still be in the shyte,nice little pick up getting craddock from boro though best player on the pitch by a mile. that is all

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And where were you when some of those "wanky" fans and many other clubs' fans came down to Brighton for fans United in 97 and on many other occasions supported us and all other clubs in trouble?

Good luck Luton and I hope you win the JPT.

and what f***ing good did all the fans from other clubs do then ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Spot on. They were cheating bastards and should have been thrown out of the league.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Every single club in the league has wankers playing for/supporting them. every single club also has nice people playing for/supporting them.

If someone is nice to me, I'm nice back. He was nice. So there, it's really quite simple.

KennyStandHatter

Feb 19, 2009
I meant no offence by the 'keyboard warrior' antics. It was merely trying to point out that at times this year, such as shrewsbury away, bradford at home, bradford away... we're only too happy to scrap. Every club has it's morons, every club has members they are proud to have in the crowds each week. From what i've read on here - its proved me correct. Some well thought out responses, positive or negative, which I can quite happily accept. I didn't expect this thread to be all nice, and expected the nasty responses. Fair enough, all entitled to your opinions.

However - those who are "you deserved your 30 points"... most don't actually know in-depth what happened? Fans, players and current staff are being punished because of the actions of former directors - 5 in total - who walked away with taps on the wrist. Fines collectively, between 5 men who made 16 million pounds from player sales that has gone with them away from the club, that added up to little over £2,000. And told not to return to a directors position inside football for 1 or 2 years. Is that REALLY correct for the FA/FL to punish them like that, and the agents involved getting poor punishments also, and then wacking the club with an additional 10 points and a £50,000 fine. Ideally, it should have been a suspended punishment, or part suspended. We have to run everything our club does through the football league for 2 years, so signings take extra long to sign and we may miss deadlines. On the Saturday in August that the season began, we only had 7 players on our books. Thats just a small insight, and it does wind me up at the arrogance and assuming of some people. And I know they'll always be people who scorn and hate because its Luton. We have a bad reputation.

The town is a shitheap, if I want to go shopping I don't go to Luton. I refuse to go there other than for football. I don't believe in going to Wembley for the cretins who jump on the band wagons etc, I believe in those 5 or 6 thousand who have stuck around to watch us. But lets cart the other mugs to Wembley and make some money.

However - after my long whinge (apologies), thankyou for your well wishes, nice to see some people appreciate the game. And I just want to say to Taybha - report that to the club. I can understand throwing 50p's at some twit of a ref (awaiting criticism on this point) who blatantly gives a game to someone e.g. the Bradford at home game a few weeks back. But If I saw anyone, Luton fans or other teams fans, throw a coin, phone, bottle etc. at a group of people undeservedly, especially when there are children present like this game was due to have due to u17's getting in free, I'd be more than happy to confront them/report them/get into fisticuffs. Its not right.

I thought there was some good banter with Brighton fans during the game. Like I say, best away support we've had this year by far. You've done your club proud, I hope your get your managerial issues sorted, and I hope you stay up. I had a good chat with a lot of Brighton fans when I came down there for the first leg, and I do feel sorry for you lot losing your ground and playing at the withdean, poor management, one of your chairmen/directors is a bit of a spindoctor and will say anything to keep the fans happy and not deliver (might have got that wrong, no other fan mentioned it except one!)

And correct - we did draw with you twice, apologies. I don't want to get into the "who deserved to win" debate, because I'll say us, you'll say you, and we'll embark on more pointless namecalling.

Good luck for this season.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I meant no offence by the 'keyboard warrior' antics. It was merely trying to point out that at times this year, such as shrewsbury away, bradford at home, bradford away... we're only too happy to scrap. Every club has it's morons, every club has members they are proud to have in the crowds each week. From what i've read on here - its proved me correct. Some well thought out responses, positive or negative, which I can quite happily accept. I didn't expect this thread to be all nice, and expected the nasty responses. Fair enough, all entitled to your opinions.

However - those who are "you deserved your 30 points"... most don't actually know in-depth what happened? Fans, players and current staff are being punished because of the actions of former directors - 5 in total - who walked away with taps on the wrist. Fines collectively, between 5 men who made 16 million pounds from player sales that has gone with them away from the club, that added up to little over £2,000. And told not to return to a directors position inside football for 1 or 2 years. Is that REALLY correct for the FA/FL to punish them like that, and the agents involved getting poor punishments also, and then wacking the club with an additional 10 points and a £50,000 fine. Ideally, it should have been a suspended punishment, or part suspended. We have to run everything our club does through the football league for 2 years, so signings take extra long to sign and we may miss deadlines. On the Saturday in August that the season began, we only had 7 players on our books. Thats just a small insight, and it does wind me up at the arrogance and assuming of some people. And I know they'll always be people who scorn and hate because its Luton. We have a bad reputation.

The town is a shitheap, if I want to go shopping I don't go to Luton. I refuse to go there other than for football. I don't believe in going to Wembley for the cretins who jump on the band wagons etc, I believe in those 5 or 6 thousand who have stuck around to watch us. But lets cart the other mugs to Wembley and make some money.

However - after my long whinge (apologies), thankyou for your well wishes, nice to see some people appreciate the game. And I just want to say to Taybha - report that to the club. I can understand throwing 50p's at some twit of a ref (awaiting criticism on this point) who blatantly gives a game to someone e.g. the Bradford at home game a few weeks back. But If I saw anyone, Luton fans or other teams fans, throw a coin, phone, bottle etc. at a group of people undeservedly, especially when there are children present like this game was due to have due to u17's getting in free, I'd be more than happy to confront them/report them/get into fisticuffs. Its not right.

I thought there was some good banter with Brighton fans during the game. Like I say, best away support we've had this year by far. You've done your club proud, I hope your get your managerial issues sorted, and I hope you stay up. I had a good chat with a lot of Brighton fans when I came down there for the first leg, and I do feel sorry for you lot losing your ground and playing at the withdean, poor management, one of your chairmen/directors is a bit of a spindoctor and will say anything to keep the fans happy and not deliver (might have got that wrong, no other fan mentioned it except one!)

And correct - we did draw with you twice, apologies. I don't want to get into the "who deserved to win" debate, because I'll say us, you'll say you, and we'll embark on more pointless namecalling.

Good luck for this season.

reminds me of a Dougdeep post............
succinct and to the point.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
On Tuesday, I didn't hear any chants of "You've got a town full of faggots" from the Luton fans or any chants of "You're just a small town in Delhi" from our fans. The banter was almost civilised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here