Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Fan - Here in Peace.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Been having a good nose at your opinions on here, and have a few things to say so thought I'd join up and have a brief chat.

First off - the sky tv box? Its standard, we have nowhere else to put it in our ground, the boxes aren't big enough to house one, and were not allowed to put a camera on the top of them. We rarely get camera's these days, but when we do and did (mainly in the Championship seasons), we always had 3 or 4 (the fourth being up in our home end behind the goal, dead cetnre, taking up the same number of seats). It brings us much, much more money than the fans were losing out on, and those fans will be able to watch it on the TV anyway.

I'd like to congratulate you however, it was brilliant to see our away end full and rocking. Gave us something to compete with, and I think we did a good job of it. Were too big for the conference, and won't see crowds like that again unless its a cup game, until we get into league one again. Hopefully back-to-back promotions. Best away support we've had at the Kenilworth all season.

I went home and away, and thought your fans were excellent at home also, even if the police did get too heavy handed (filming, shoving, constant 'no' answer to questions that should have been yes etc). Second time I've been to your stadium, and i'm glad we came to the Kenny for second leg, I didn't fancy running the 400 metre's to get onto the pitch!

On another serious note - don't feel offended by our pitch invasion, we came over for a bit of banter, and believe me - after the 4 or 5 rucks with police and breaking through there lines this season already - if we wanted hassle we'd have gone for you. It was just a laugh, and I'm sorry so many of you took it so badly after you tried to applaude us. I was one of those onto the pitch, and you were the subjects of 3 or 4 seasons of pure frustration, anger and hatred towards the FA, FL and Previous ownerships coming out. I've never felt happier as a Luton fan knowing i'm going to Wembley, never been to the old or new one before and vowed only to go there if Luton played there (due to FA/FL punishments this year).

Wembley is going to be a great day for us all, and regardless of the result in the final, I already feel brilliant. Were going to take around 30,000 I'd have thought, and theres going to be mass protests at the stadium itself, soho square pre and post match, and maybe other places. Were busy coming up with various mass protest idea's currently, and it should bring in revenue left, right and centre for the club. It should mean the losses we suffer from fallign out of the league, almost inevitably, will mean we break even or make a profit from the year due to this trip.

And just to clear up - I read the other day on here that were "going out of business soon anyway"... we've never been on such sound financial footing. I'm not saying were chelsea, but nothing could be further from the truth. I hope no club other than MK Dongs (I hate them with a passion, no history), go out of business altogether. Make sure you give them a drubbing for us!

And gettign beaten by Scunthorpe? You never know, footballs a funny ol' game. We've beaten about 4 teams in higher divisions to us this season now. Plymouth (H, Carling), Colchester (H), Walsall (A), You (H). We have always played better against better teams, and even beat brentford on penalties at home, and there flying.

Sorry about the long post, and any spelling errors. Hopefully its weeded out any people that are going to make silly replies. I wish you all the best in your survival bid, and I'm sorry you didn't get to Wembley, but we need this more than you! I'll check back for any replies, and reply where necessary or wanted.

All the best.

As much as I thought some of your fans were absolute mongs, I must say I hope you win at Wembley for the sake of fans like you. Good luck! I look forward to seeing the FA blush :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I really dont understand all the anti-lutonness in this thread, its almost as if people are BITTER that we lost because WE are SHIT and not them!

GET OVER it guys, Luton mean nothing to us like 99% of the teams in this land so just be THANKFUL that we are NOT in their league position ourselves.

WORD

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gutted as we are, I don't see how any true football fan can't be at least slightly pleased for Luton getting their big day out after the two years they have had.

The League Two table has been totally and artificially distorted this season to make the competition a meaningless farce at Luton's expense. It would almost have been better to have demoted them at the start of the season and promote a Conference team, rather than the current charade.

By all accounts Barnet and Grimsby are by far and away the worst teams in that division this season, and therefore by definition also the luckiest.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Been having a good nose at your opinions on here, and have a few things to say so thought I'd join up and have a brief chat.

First off - the sky tv box? Its standard, we have nowhere else to put it in our ground, the boxes aren't big enough to house one, and were not allowed to put a camera on the top of them. We rarely get camera's these days, but when we do and did (mainly in the Championship seasons), we always had 3 or 4 (the fourth being up in our home end behind the goal, dead cetnre, taking up the same number of seats). It brings us much, much more money than the fans were losing out on, and those fans will be able to watch it on the TV anyway.

I'd like to congratulate you however, it was brilliant to see our away end full and rocking. Gave us something to compete with, and I think we did a good job of it. Were too big for the conference, and won't see crowds like that again unless its a cup game, until we get into league one again. Hopefully back-to-back promotions. Best away support we've had at the Kenilworth all season.

I went home and away, and thought your fans were excellent at home also, even if the police did get too heavy handed (filming, shoving, constant 'no' answer to questions that should have been yes etc). Second time I've been to your stadium, and i'm glad we came to the Kenny for second leg, I didn't fancy running the 400 metre's to get onto the pitch!

On another serious note - don't feel offended by our pitch invasion, we came over for a bit of banter, and believe me - after the 4 or 5 rucks with police and breaking through there lines this season already - if we wanted hassle we'd have gone for you. It was just a laugh, and I'm sorry so many of you took it so badly after you tried to applaude us. I was one of those onto the pitch, and you were the subjects of 3 or 4 seasons of pure frustration, anger and hatred towards the FA, FL and Previous ownerships coming out. I've never felt happier as a Luton fan knowing i'm going to Wembley, never been to the old or new one before and vowed only to go there if Luton played there (due to FA/FL punishments this year).

Wembley is going to be a great day for us all, and regardless of the result in the final, I already feel brilliant. Were going to take around 30,000 I'd have thought, and theres going to be mass protests at the stadium itself, soho square pre and post match, and maybe other places. Were busy coming up with various mass protest idea's currently, and it should bring in revenue left, right and centre for the club. It should mean the losses we suffer from fallign out of the league, almost inevitably, will mean we break even or make a profit from the year due to this trip.

And just to clear up - I read the other day on here that were "going out of business soon anyway"... we've never been on such sound financial footing. I'm not saying were chelsea, but nothing could be further from the truth. I hope no club other than MK Dongs (I hate them with a passion, no history), go out of business altogether. Make sure you give them a drubbing for us!

And gettign beaten by Scunthorpe? You never know, footballs a funny ol' game. We've beaten about 4 teams in higher divisions to us this season now. Plymouth (H, Carling), Colchester (H), Walsall (A), You (H). We have always played better against better teams, and even beat brentford on penalties at home, and there flying.

Sorry about the long post, and any spelling errors. Hopefully its weeded out any people that are going to make silly replies. I wish you all the best in your survival bid, and I'm sorry you didn't get to Wembley, but we need this more than you! I'll check back for any replies, and reply where necessary or wanted.

All the best.

All the best to you, too :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
f*** me another rival fans love in. Shitty little town with wanky fans.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I hope Luton get battered by Scunthorpe at Wembley. Also, when they inevitably reach the conference they will find out that there are bigger clubs in that division than they think who have bigger and better stadiums and support bases (Oxford and Cambridge being 2 and I guess Wrexham could be in that category as well)

They were sore winners and that is something that I never like to see.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
f*** me another rival fans love in. Shitty little town with wanky fans.

And where were you when some of those "wanky" fans and many other clubs' fans came down to Brighton for fans United in 97 and on many other occasions supported us and all other clubs in trouble?

Good luck Luton and I hope you win the JPT.

Hova Seagull

Feb 18, 2009
Hove

All the best.

enjoy your trip to Eastbourne Borough, Now F*** O**

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Good luck to Luton,and I hope rather than expect they will win it.Scunnie are rather good,what?

The tv coverage was good,and it was excellent to see two teams with a decent history on the box,and providing a decent watch.

Pity about the pantomime goal,and the fairly dubious red card,but that's umpires for you.

Will the authorities bend the rules to let Luton defend their trophy if they win it?

Oh,sorry,that's only for Liverpool,isn't it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I want Luton to win the JPT as a 2 finger snub to the FA and FL who have made League 2 a joke division this season. Based on form the two relegation spots should be filled by Grimsby and Barnet , if Chester & Bournemouth go into administration with 17 points deductions before the final game it will be even more of a mockery.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope you win at Wembley, it won't make up for your relegation though. I feel for the your fans and the shit they've been through, hope you come straight back up.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Luton fans, like us, have had a lot to put up with over the past few years and the points deduction is grossly unfair. I would hate for us to be in that position.

I thought they deserved their victory the other night and wish them good luck at Wembley, it will be a welcome distraction for them and I hope they win.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Luton fans, like us, have had a lot to put up with over the past few years and the points deduction is grossly unfair. I would hate for us to be in that position.

I thought they deserved their victory the other night and wish them good luck at Wembley, it will be a welcome distraction for them and I hope they win.

Agree with that.

Whatever the wrongs of what the people in charge have done in the past at their club - I think we know how that feels - the FANS didn't do anything wrong and don't deserve what has happened to their club.

I hope their Players walk on to the pitch at Wembley with a massive banner proclaiming what a joke the FA/FL are.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
A fine post KSH; a lot of us have real sympathy/empathy for your current league plight ('there but for the grace of God...'). And many of us don't take to despising people simply based on the town they come from.

Just one, friendly correction though - you didn't actually beat us - you drew with us but knocked us out on penalties. Semantics I know but...

;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here