Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua's style

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just love the fact that Kaz, the defender and the whole stadium knows EXACTLY what he is going to do - but there's still not a damn thing the fullback can do about it. The number of times he skinned that poor Barnsley sod in the last 15 minutes was comical, and we should certainly have had at least a couple more goals as a direct result. CMS was doing his swede at him for not laying it on a plate for his hattrick, and thats sometimes the drawback - having got the the byline (as he nearly always does), he doesn't always pick the right pass. But then if our strikers can regularly show the intelligence and movement of Barnes to get in front of the defender ready for the delivery, we'll score BUNDLES like that 5th one.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
as much as i love Lua Lua he does frustrate me. i don't understand why we don't slide passes through the defence for him rather than him standing like a lemon on the sideline waiting for the ball to come to him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think repeated muscle injuries have made him a bit cautious of using the megasprint every time. As others have said, he still beats fullbacks time and time again so it's not really a problem?

I highly doubt any player we have would beat him over any distance of 100m or less as some people seem to think.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Kaz is one of our most exciting players, once the new doc fully fixs his past injurys and he gets a consistent run in the team, he will set the AMEX alight

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The most interesting development this season I think is that when one of our wingers (including Bridge/Bruno) gets to the byline, they now tend to bring the ball in towards the near post rather than lash it across early. Glad to see it - once we get the likes of Crofts running on those cut backs we're going to get a lot more goals. I've always wondered why more teams don't do it having seen Steve Coppell's Reading destroy plenty of teams that way when they had 2 excellent wingers (one was Glen Little, the other.. hmm, annoying, can't remember). At worst, you're likely to get a penalty. Beats aimless crosses any day of the week.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
Kaz can't make runs behind the defense, his hamstrings are like tightly-strung banjos, they could pop at any minute. At the moment he can only play 20 minutes, any more and there is a major chance that his hamstring could go

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
His style is: get the ball in front of a defender, do a step-over with one leg, knock it past the defender with the other then run after it to cross/shoot

And yet it works every time, and somehow it works multiple times against the same player. I have no idea how he gets away with it every single time.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
And yet it works every time, and somehow it works multiple times against the same player. I have no idea how he gets away with it every single time.

It's 50 50 for the defender which way kaz is going to go, so they have to gamble. I think kaz is just quick enough to anticipate which way the defender is going and can go the other way, hence why it works every single time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here