Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua Not Included Tomorrow

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Yes, yes he did. That's why I said he was absolutely gash. Why are you telling me to calm down? No-one on here is calling him a crap player.

My point was more that from out of the blue, you have 10 or 12 posts on trot saying the guy was dire and should not be in the team. My point back was thats very harsh indeed. KKL, Buckley Noone, we are blessed with 3 terrific wingers, but KKL would get the nod.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My point was more that from out of the blue, you have 10 or 12 posts on trot saying the guy was dire and should not be in the team. My point back was thats very harsh indeed. KKL, Buckley Noone, we are blessed with 3 terrific wingers, but KKL would get the nod.
No, you have one post saying he played shit last weekend and 9 or 11 agreeing with it. Not harsh at all, because he was indeed toilet.

And no, I don't think he is a crap player although I personally feel Buckley will prove the best of our 3 wingers.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Not really. He was absolutely gash. Marked out of the game, he spent the whole 45 mins giving the ball away or falling over. It was like we were playing with ten men.

I'm certain Gus expects more of him, and I'm equally certain that he'll get it - but in patches.

It's a game of opinions I guess. Personally for a young winger, coming back from injury at a good level, I thought it was a good foundation to build upon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a game of opinions I guess. Personally for a young winger, coming back from injury at a good level, I thought it was a good foundation to build upon.
I simply don't recall him doing ONE thing of note in that 45 mins. Unless you count being unfairly booked in the box I suppose (but it was never a penalty).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I simply don't recall him doing ONE thing of note in that 45 mins. Unless you count being unfairly booked in the box I suppose (but it was never a penalty).

I agree it wasn't a penalty.

I also agree he didn't have his best of games but he was always providing an opening and although his crosses didn't come off he was causing their full backs trouble with his speed and movement. The fact that he was marked took another one of their players out of the game while he was busy marking him. I also don't think calling one of our young players 'utterly crap' or 'gash' is very useful or enlightening.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I also don't think calling one of our young players 'utterly crap' or 'gash' is very useful or enlightening.
This is a football forum where opinions on our football team are welcomed. I'm not writing him off, just saying how I felt he played last Saturday. I'm sorry this offends your delicate ickle eyes.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This is a football forum where opinions on our football team are welcomed. I'm not writing him off, just saying how I felt he played last Saturday. I'm sorry this offends your delicate ickle eyes.

It doesn't offend me in the slightest, I just don't like it. That's my opinion, I believe it is welcomed as well. :)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
FCUKING Hell chaps, calm down, the guy had a bad day at the office, I am having one today, it dont me a bad bloke overnight. just 1 month ago we had 150000 posts on us wanking with thought of him joining. The bloke is a terrific player and if he had a bad game, so be it, his good and exceptionally good games will far out do his poor ones. and for the record, Gus himself has siad he is carrying a slight hamstring injury and i for one believe every word that he says.

Absolutely. They all had a poor first half, and he will be more gutted than anyone. Hopefully, that will have been one of his few poor performances this season :thumbsup:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
LuaLua was poor on Saturday yes.

I think people are wound up by others failing to mitigate their criticism.

I would say he was guilty of letting the blood rush to his head and it put him off his game. 19 years old, MASSIVE occasion, LOVE AFFAIR with the fans... I bet he got all his footballing glories with us running about in his head and he thought he could take on the world a bit maybe, in a tricky tie against Championship class opposition.

Basically overexcited I'd say! He did a bit of 'I can f***ing do this!!' ball-hogging KNOWING he has the class for it to come off... but it didn't on this occasion. That's it! He will be class for us SOON

I also realise that I didn't need to say any of that, we all know it including the guys saying he had a gash game!!! Looking forward to him kicking into gear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here