Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua, not going to USA with Toon

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Do we really want to take a chance on potentially damaged goods?
If the club have identified alternative targets then we should go for them rather than hold out on something that if it was going to happen would've happened by now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do we really want to take a chance on potentially damaged goods?
If the club have identified alternative targets then we should go for them rather than hold out on something that if it was going to happen would've happened by now.

Personally YES. But it aint my money! LuaLua is that f***ing good - i dont think ive seen a player as raw and exciting as him play for us EVER. He seems fit and played for the Toon end of last season - i think the prob isn't the present (fitness wise) but more the future. I still say take a gamble one way or the other - and suspect Bloom will when push comes to shove.

Interesting, cheers.
What about Woodgate? Did your "Sauce" have any news on that one or is it now dead in the water?

The Woodgate thing is the least likely. When I asked him he was very unsure as to whether he had even had a tour of the stadium or not. In reply to [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] ( not sure how to quote two in a single post!) yes, he has been very reliable as per previous posts on NSC. I and nor can he claim to know every aspect of Gus's transfer dealings, even if he does work for the club. I completely trust him and he has never let me down before with his info. Point is he just doesn't know about Woodgate but talks with Lua Lua and Lansbury are on going and Lua Lua, at this moment of time, is the deal most likely to go ahead.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Woodgate thing is the least likely. When I asked him he was very unsure as to whether he had even had a tour of the stadium or not. In reply to [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] ( not sure how to quote two in a single post!) yes, he has been very reliable as per previous posts on NSC. I and nor can he claim to know every aspect of Gus's transfer dealings, even if he does work for the club. I completely trust him and he has never let me down before with his info. Point is he just doesn't know about Woodgate but talks with Lua Lua and Lansbury are on going and Lua Lua, at this moment of time, is the deal most likely to go ahead.

Thanks mate - top news. I do seem to remember you getting something right but my searching on nsc is useless! Ta. Come on LUALUA - Pleeeeease sign him up.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
My worry is this medical....has he passed or has he not?

If he didnt pass the medical...I would like to have him on loan and nothing more!

:thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
CMS AND Lua Lua would be amazing. Has you ever looked forward to a season so much?!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My worry is this medical....has he passed or has he not?

If he didnt pass the medical...I would like to have him on loan and nothing more!

:thumbsup:

On loan for the insurance but there is another way. Calderon had an unusual hip injury at the end of the 09/10 season. When he'd finally made his mind up and came back to us, his contract was originally for 2 years but could be terminated after 6 months if he had any problems with his injury. The rest they say, is history. I don't think he missed a game apart from suspension.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On loan for the insurance but there is another way. Calderon had an unusual hip injury at the end of the 09/10 season. When he'd finally made his mind up and came back to us, his contract was originally for 2 years but could be terminated after 6 months if he had any problems with his injury. The rest they say, is history. I don't think he missed a game apart from suspension.

Another example of a scan revealing stuff not quite right but it not affecting the player atall. I just don't think Lua Lua's ankle will be problomatic for him - even if it has fused funnily - i'd rather take a risk and do something like this contract wise.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Signing a player with dodgy hamstrings and a weak ankle is a massive gamble. Unless a club is willing to buy him , KLL will see out the last year of his contract on loan again. Any long term injuries this season and LuaLua will be available on a free with minimal compensation to NUFC.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, do we actually KNOW he failed a medical?

If NOT, tie-up the perm deal now...
If so, tie-up the deal a la Calde as suggested above...

Just do it! :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here