Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua - Just how good is he?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I honestly think that with Gus teaching him a few pointers, and the way we want to play. That he could be a far better player come the end of the year. Can we keep him for the play-offs? :jester:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's clearly very good. Why can't NSC ever just all agree - he IS very good. End product not great / crossing a little suspect YES but overall wit h his pace etc he's VERY good. VERY GOOD. VERY GOOD.

PS - Out of interest please take into account how difficult it is to cross a ball on the run with HALF of Lua-Lua's pace - let alone running at his speed - it's VERY difficult. But yes, he's VERY GOOD.

VERY GOOD.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think his crossing is as bad as some people seem to think. But here are the reasons why it doesn't matter anyway:

1. He beats his fullback much more often than most wingers, in fact I can't think of anyone who could beat a man so easily in my time watching Brighton. So this gives him more opporutnites to cross anyway, more chances to make a good one.

2. Because of the first reason, an his ability to take the ball the entire length of the pitch in SECONDS it gives is a brilliant outlet and puts the opposition on the back foot.

3. People say pace is all he brings to the team, but as a squad we only really had Bennett who is quick, so we needed some more.

I don't doubt that if he does sign he will get more criticism at times than he has so far, the novelty will wear off and at times he will be frustrating. BUT he is a game changing player, something we didn't/don't have without him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A good cross is when the striker or any other player has little work to do except make contact.
Over hit crosses are just as bad as ones failing to clear the first defender.

True. But then that can also be down to the quality of the movement from the striker.
Just because a cross doesn't reach one of our own players, doesn't mean it was necessarily a poor one (unless it was totally overhit obviously).

% of end products from wingers are always going to be relatively low, its an immensely difficult craft.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He's the ultimate outlet and changes defence from attack rapidly. At this level if you can hit someone unexpectedly on the break with sheer pace then you're a long way to being successful. That's what LuaLua can do for us. Gus knows it.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It's all about opinions I guess, but I think he is a quality player with pace to burn and skill to go with it. His delivery isn't THAT bad, and certainly doesn't devalue him in my eyes. Full-backs are scared of him, and a lot of the time can't cope with him. He is probably better than League 1 level, but if we do re-loan him for the season it will be our signing of the summer.

MassiveCunt

Banned
Jul 29, 2010
his crossing isnt the best but like said above, he scares people to death and he causes all kinds of problems for other teams as well as making room for us. i'd love it if we got him but i dont know why we havent tryed to get him on a perm, because i dont think hed ever be good enough for the prem.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
He's clearly very good. Why can't NSC ever just all agree - he IS very good. End product not great / crossing a little suspect YES but overall wit h his pace etc he's VERY good. VERY GOOD. VERY GOOD.

PS - Out of interest please take into account how difficult it is to cross a ball on the run with HALF of Lua-Lua's pace - let alone running at his speed - it's VERY difficult. But yes, he's VERY GOOD.

VERY GOOD.

sorry its a little confusing, you think he's very good, right?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
adds balance to the team too. reckon we'll be playing same system as last year mainly, so one forward with bennett pushed right up on the right and someone pushed right up on the left. also bennett can cover calde when he bombs on but as painter rarely attacks, lua lua won't be required to cover him too often.

so all in all... top signing! in gus we trust

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ he's not brilliant because he's still bloody young,the potential on the other hand is immense:thumbsup:

Would be a massive fans favourite:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here