Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua deal or no deal (lets move on)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Where? When? Unless someone had hacked his account?

The twitter account that everyone thought was him, posted a few tweets (not long after a number of Albion fans started following and tweeting him) finally admitting that they were not Kaz LL. I can't access twitter at work, otherwide I'd post the tweets here.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
"lets just move on" by that you mean open up a new thread! good plan. Only thing I agree with that you posted was about trusting our manager :bhasign:

sorry i was'nt aware of the sudden love for pardew

all i'm saying is our season next year will not fail just because we don't get kLL........... calm down

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think if it was anyone else Gus would have just moved on,but as per last season,i don't think Gus will just walk away from this.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Totally agree its time to move on,we have replaced two players so actually haven't really signed any extra players and we was the first team promoted.

Time to crack on and get 6-7 players in:)

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Totally agree its time to move on,we have replaced two players so actually haven't really signed any extra players and we was the first team promoted.

Time to crack on and get 6-7 players in:)

Where were you when the kids were getting all feisty on this thread about poor old pardew :smile:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
As much as we all love him i'm confident Gus has an equally as exciting B plan lined up.

It may be old news or been posted elsewhere, however, having spoken to Mr Bloom this morning, he told me that the Lua Lua deal for now is over.

The player failed his medical. Whilst fit, his break hasn't re-set 100% & therefore we could not get insurance on him. A too big of a risk to play him, given that the Albion & Newcastle had settled on a £1.5 million fee.

The player is gutted.

Still, not all is lost - we have the option of getting him on loan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It may be old news or been posted elsewhere, however, having spoken to Mr Bloom this morning, he told me that the Lua Lua deal for now is over.

The player failed his medical. Whilst fit, his break hasn't re-set 100% & therefore we could not get insurance on him. A too big of a risk to play him, given that the Albion & Newcastle had settled on a £1.5 million fee.

The player is gutted.

either everyone missed this or have decided it's absolute bollocks................... time will tell I guess

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Didn't Gus at some point after LuaLua went back say he didn't think they were treating the injury in the right way??

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The player is gutted.

That does add up with what most people have said - although I heard 1.1 million so that bit is still a mystery... I wish we could just buy him but it's easy to say that when it's not your £1mil + at stake.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quite - The club won't play him until he is covered by the insurance policy, which is very tight. A real shame for everyone.

So are we expecting his break to heal properly eventually? We should def go for a loan to buy - and buy in Jan if everything has healed properly IMO...

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
fuuuuuuuuuuck sake - the ONE bloody player we really wanted and it fu(ks up :(

while the rest of the league are buying up players with no (heard-of) issues.

kuntzzzzzzzzzzzz

Heres hoping for at least a season long loan...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
fuuuuuuuuuuck sake - the ONE bloody player we really wanted and it fu(ks up :(

while the rest of the league are buying up players with no (heard-of) issues.

kuntzzzzzzzzzzzz

Heres hoping for at least a season long loan...

Easy tiger until something actually comes out of the club or from Gus via the Argus its all 'sources' and rumours

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Desperate news, we must get him on board one way or another, I've seen 900 games & he would be in my all time 11...unplayable & would get better
It can't be that bad or he wouldn't have played since, how about buying him with a money back guarantee within the 1st year if it goes again or buy him for 500k with no insurance & hope!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sylvain Marveaux just signed for Newcastle today....left sided winger...could this be what Newcastle have been waiting for before letting him go ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here