Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Loyalty schemes blasted by football fans

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sure. It's in Middlesbrough so, y'know, potato/potato.

My favourite was when Newcastle Poly changed its name. The story goes that its first choice, before its current name of Northumbria Uni, was the City University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Apparently they paid consultants a fair whack to come up with the name and were quite far advanced with the new arrangments until UCAS asked them what abbreviation they should use in the booklet.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
F*ck off and tell someone who gives a shit eaglejizz, I was talking about Albion games.

Lovely ! I just used your quote to post about in the thread about the Palace Loyalty system (apologies if it was confusing)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
They wouldn't know where you started from. By your system, an Albion fan who lives in the NE, would be deemed 'more loyal' for attending Boro away, than a Sussex based fan attending 5 London aways.

But it would even itself out wouldn't it, because those who live in the NE aren't going to be able to make half as many home games as those down south.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My favourite was when Newcastle Poly changed its name. The story goes that its first choice, before its current name of Northumbria Uni, was the City University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Apparently they paid consultants a fair whack to come up with the name and were quite far advanced with the new arrangments until UCAS asked them what abbreviation they should use in the booklet.

That is fantastic.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Was it C.U.O.N.U.T?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here