Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty Points for Away Matches

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Who would be more likely to attend away matches if they received more loyalty points ?
Although we have one of the biggest away support in the league, it could be fantastic even for long distance matches if we were rewarded with more points. What do you think ?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have two thoughts on the matter, and I hope you don't think I'm being rude with the second point - because I don't mean to be.

1) I think the loyalty points system is good. It is very similar to the one in use at the club my girlfriend supports and it has worked there for very big matches, so I think it will work for us too.
2) Why should extra points being a decisive factor in going to away matches? Surely being there to support your team is reason enough?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Why should the club give out more points for away games, its not like they make any money for doing so. The emphasis is rightly on the home matches as this is where the revenue streams are.

It is good that away support gets something mind, as obviously the vocal support that the team gets is certainly useful - but doesn't contribute to paying the wages.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I agree with your second point, it should not be about the points, but for some waverers it might well be the difference in going or not !
Im not talking about loyal fans, but really trying to encourage new away supporters.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The system works well.

It shouldn't matter how far you have travelled to prove your "loyalty" as a supporter.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am happy to pay on the gate if there isn't enough lead time to guarantee getting my ticket through the post (very often the case unfortunately). I can't pick up my ticket from Brighton but often do so at the away ground ticket office having paid them in advance - no loyalty points but they are not often of great value tbh.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I do think they could consider working out the loyality points on a sort of radial map of the country. So you would have Brighton as the central point then different brackets for every say 100 miles whereby the loyality points go up by 5. Then there would be an extra 10 points or something if it is on a weeknight.

This wouldn't really work based on people who live in say Middlesbrough as it would effectively be a home game from them, but they would get the most loyality points possible for the game. Swings and roundabouts though I guess.

All this would make it far more complex to run and as they haven't nailed the loyality points system as it is yet, then it's probably a bit far fetched.

With regards to people not going because they aren't given enough loyality points, then completely disagree with that and would be very surprised should I hear of someone not going to an away game for that reason alone

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
20 pts aways , 10 at home would seem a better scenario but after the Pompey ticket sale. Are points ever going to matter anyway ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Who would be more likely to attend away matches if they received more loyalty points ?
Although we have one of the biggest away support in the league, it could be fantastic even for long distance matches if we were rewarded with more points. What do you think ?

dontthink our away support will be one of the biggest,maybe around 13th best thiss eason

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I thought the points allocation was flexible anyway. Middlesborough on a tuesday night in winter could be given more points than Palace away. Surely it depends on how the matches are selling. If the club want to generate a few more fans at an unattractive away game then add a bonus of additional points. If it'll sell out anyway then don't bother with any extra.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
annoying me SLIGHTLY that I won't get my loyalty points tomorrow night by paying on the gate, but just glad I can go as could not collect tickets in Brighton...you win some you lose some

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
It sound like some people only really want to go to a match to get the loyalty points (bet Tesco love you).

Even if no points were issued at all it wouldn't change my mind about the games I go to.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
The only thing that really matters is whether you are an STH or not. Having loyalty points but not being an STH is pretty meaningless. I wouldn't worry, there will be very few games where it's difficult to get a ticket, look how easy Donny and Pompey were in the end.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I started a thread the other day about Loyalty Points, I think most Albion fans concerns are really based around getting a ticket for Palace away.

Like mentioned before it wasn't a problem getting tickets for Pompey and I doubt it will be for all bar one away game, unless we get a plum draw in the FA Cup.

The scheme works, like anything nothing is perfect but if you need a ticket with a bit of organising you can always get one and credit to the club they always give enough notice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here