Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lost memorabilia

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I have a couple of Silk Scarves from the 70's, one with the twin badges the other with "The Dolphins", an unopened bottle of Harvey's Bring Home the Albion Ale, a supporters club badge from the days before Bamber closed it down.
A signed limited edition Heros print, the usual books, although Build a Bonfire first edition was lost and replaced, a few shirts, the odd Jacket but the item I had and lost that I regret losing the most
is a Green and Black Silk Scarf from the Wardy debut season .Fabulous item that the Green and Black striped shirt nearly matched.

What have you had and lost?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I get upset just thinking about it, but I can’t find my Teddy Maybank badge.

I used to have a ‘Seagulls for Division 2’ sticker, from the old 3rd division days. Probably good that I lost it, I don’t think it would have aged that well!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I think this can be filed under lost....

I had the limited edition white shirt from the palace game, signed by Mcshane. My then girlfriend decided to wash it and then tumble dry it so not only was the autograph barely visible but it was crumpled up into a ball where the transfer had melted.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Not football related, but I lost a piece of Zeppelin inscribed "SHOT DOWN OVER (some place) FRANCE ON (some date)"
Would have been worth a bleedin' fortune to some collector these days. Never mind.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
My Mum knitted a blue and white Albion scarf in the early 60s which became mine in the late 60s. It had been worn to hundreds of Albion games and in jeopardy from opposing fans in several. It fluttered out of our car window all the way from Brighton to Newcastle and witnessed the Albion gaining promotion to Div 1. I stopped wearing a scarf for many years. But dug it out for the Middlesborough game so that it would have a chance of witnessing its second promotion to the top division which of course didn't happen.

This scarf had never ever been washed........it was grimy but with historical and happy grime.

I left it out at home..........you know what's coming..............the wife decided it would be nice if it was washed......I got home one day and saw my scarf..............shrunk away to about the size of an extended handkerchief...........

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I had a cassette tape of recordings from the radio and TV - including MoTD commentary/interviews from the win at Forest in 1979 and radio commentary from the promotion game at Newcastle. I lent it to the fella who used to run Seagulls TV so he could upload it. He lost it.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Blue ski / beany BHA hat with my Fans Utd badge, rusty, on the back, somewhere near Brentford's old stadium about 20 years ago, at least I'm not still really annoyed.................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had a cassette tape, number 17, in glorious stereo, with some fantastic John Peel sessions and rare releases, recorded around 1980, that went for a walk when I moved to Canada in 82. I still dream about that tape, it was such a joy. I have painstakingly recapitulated as much of it as I can, from the (slightly illegal) John Peel programme download site, and other sources. It has been a life-time's work, and has cost me more hours than, er, much of my actual job has done.

Oh, and my wedding ring. But that's a long story, as it wasn't strictly speaking, my wedding.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I (hope I still) have Betamax recordings (in the loft) of all Brightons' 1983 FA Cup matches that were shown on TV - which I believe is all except the first round tie at Newcastle - however I have "lost" the ability to play them.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I (hope I still) have Betamax recordings (in the loft) of all Brightons' 1983 FA Cup matches that were shown on TV - which I believe is all except the first round tie at Newcastle - however I have "lost" the ability to play them.

If only you had thought to store a Betamax player in the loft at the same time:facepalm:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Albion "Shared Fragrance".

Parfum pour hommes released c.1997. The smell was do disagreeable that I have a feeling that if you applied a dab now and took a stroll through the Donbass the resulting casualties would constitute a war crime.

We kept it in our shitter for a while then it disappeared, as if by magic.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex

I still have the official cup final video and Horton's Heros on vhs I can't throw away.

All the rest went to the dump with the player.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I wish my mum hadn’t have thrown away my Bukta kit from 1978. Granted I wore it until it was virtually shredded, but how I wish I’d framed it. The best kit ever, especially to an 8/9yr old.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had a cassette tape, number 17, in glorious stereo, with some fantastic John Peel sessions and rare releases, recorded around 1980, that went for a walk when I moved to Canada in 82. I still dream about that tape, it was such a joy. I have painstakingly recapitulated as much of it as I can, from the (slightly illegal) John Peel programme download site, and other sources. It has been a life-time's work, and has cost me more hours than, er, much of my actual job has done.

I went round his house to interview him when I was at University and stayed for 4 hours. Took us through his famous record collection, showed me his Live Aid backstage pass.

There were bags and bags of cassette tapes people had sent him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Memorabilia of a sort, but as a (stupid) student I decided to sell all my vinyl and re-purchase key albums on CD with the proceeds. A decision I regret to this day. Some years ago I started a program to try and re-buy all these records again and am probably around half way through now. In some ways it has been enjoyable, rebuying all my old Rush albums for example, but paying 60 pounds for an awful Saxon album not so.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My lucky cup run pants from 1983…..wore them to every game …..

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This reminded me of a peculiar and somewhat dark tweet by Danny Baker recently.

Bolan.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Living in exile up north, here's one for the kids of today, During the 83/84 season I used to phone Brighton 8049 during the match and after for updates and would tape the full time reports at the end of the game.
Loved the 7-0 v Charlton report with I think Tony Millard did the reports ??

That is until my dad got the phone bill just after Christmas....

What a battering I took that day, and needless to say I have lost the tapes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here