Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lost Cat - Hove (Waterloo Street area, near the Providence)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
noomi3.jpg

Reunited! Noomi Is Back!

I'd been doing the usual neighbourhood beat earlier on in the day, recently expanded to include a possible sighting further into town, so we'd been covering a few miles most days, and the search for our missing cat was beginning to seem a bit fruitless. Posters were everywhere in the surrounding streets and we'd flyered our neighbours as much as we could without getting a rep as junk-mailers.

Late last night someone called from a street north of us, with a recently captured tabby they hoped was ours. My faith in the posters returned, I legged it up the hill, and when they brought the basket out under the streetlight, I found a seemingly unfazed Noomi inside.

She's back at home now - grounded for life, naturally - and seems as pleased to be home as a wayward cat can possibly be. It may have been an agonising fourteen days for us, but she seems to have had a wonderful time. I suspect she's wondering what all the fuss is about, regardless she's lapping up the treats while they flow freely.

Promise not to tell those evil marketing wizards, but massive viral campaigns could definitely be powered by missing cats alone. The response I got from friends, followers and Cat People of the Internet knocked me out, and the thought that so many people were looking out for Noomi or thinking of Jess and I really helped us keep hoping when all seemed a bit bleak.

Thanks again to all of you.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That's the second best news I've heard today (the best was getting a ticket for Donny).

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Glad you got your cat back. When i was a teenager i recall going up on a neighbours roof to retrieve our family cat who'd been missing for a number of days. Think he got scared up there by a fox or something. He was bricking it at the time but made a full recovery. He's long gone now mind. RIP Wooster.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Great news! Glad she's home safe and sound !!

Edit: Have you noticed the extra 'eyes' in a tabby's fur, just above it's real eyes? Take a look at the picture of Noomi above and squint your eyes...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here