Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

losing what do we expect when we sell players!!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Selling Currie. People say that it was good business, was this really good business?. Were going down, im sorry to be so negative. Currie goes and scores today as well. What annoys me most is that this money will not be used to get some other players in. In know were in debt, but I would rather us stay in the Championship than get relegated to the Division1.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You would rather go bust than go down? Interesting.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
No I would not like to see the club to go bust, but you would think at least some of the money would go to getting a couple of players in dont you think!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I know what league I would rather see brighton playing in.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
A little lesson in commerce. If you do not pay your debts, people get upset and start asking for it. If you still do not pay they make you bankrupt. Then you go out of business, then we have no club to support.

If you want to support a team that can just buy players when they feel like it, try Chelski.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yoda said:
I'd rather just have a football club to support. :shootself

Thanks Yoda, I thought it was just me.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
thats obvious what you are all saying, but none of you want to see another player coming in?

So you would like to see Brighton get relegated this season do you, is this what you want, because this is what will happen of we dont get some quality in.

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Didn,t think the money was to pay debts....thought it was to chase an icreasingly obvious "pipe dream"......

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
adrian29uk said:
thats obvious what you are all saying, but none of you want to see another player coming in?

So you would like to see Brighton get relegated this season do you, is this what you want, because this is what will happen of we dont get some quality in.

No I do not want to see us get relegated, but if getting someone else in means us going out of business it will make little differnece if we are in League 1, The Championship or even the Premership.

Pick one of these two options

1. We might go down but keep OUR club
2. We sign someone finish safe in mid table but go in to liquidation shortly after the end of the season.

Know which I will choose. So we lost we can still stay up with or without another player.

Yoda

English & European
adrian29uk said:

Ok. Lets put it this way.

We go out and splash the cash on signing a few players going further into debt.

The decision for Falmer then goes against us. Where does that leave us?

Up shit street!!! Too far in debt to claw our way back out of it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Would love to see another player come in. I'm torn between Beckham and Henry. Or maybe Campbell for some strength at the back. I'm sure we can borrow the money - when the bank wants it back we'll go under - but think of the memories!!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Currie scored for Ipswich and then set up a goal - a masterstoke of business by us! :jester:

Bet McGhee can't wait to get out of it and sign for a club who at least have a pot to wee in!

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
cdavis said:
Keep chasing the pipe dream.....with no plan B ...we,re going under anyway......

That's the spirit.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Remember an old saying vaguely...is it " DO put all your eggs in one basket".....or is it something else ...??????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here