Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Los Angeles hotel recommendations please NSC...

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Go for west Hollywood/b.hills for the proper short term la experience ....

Beverley hills hotel is a favourite of mine

Chamberlain or andaz both good options

i'd second the andaz. good location and my favourite hotel in LA for sure. great views and a very nice pool/sundeck on the roof/16th floor

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
i'd second the andaz. good location and my favourite hotel in LA for sure. great views and a very nice pool/sundeck on the roof/16th floor

Glad to see good reviews of the Andaz, we won a competition for a 6 day break to LA ( going on 1st September ) and the Andaz is where we are staying, we get the Movie Star Tour and a helicopter flight over Hollywood as part of the prize, is there anything else we should not miss out on there? We have been to Florida to Disney/ Universal so not as fussed with them really

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Another Andaz recommendation here

Recently had to find accommodation for a group of 10 in LA and Andaz came out as clear winner (based on quality/price/location). Has since been given seal of approval by some locals I met.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Glad to see good reviews of the Andaz, we won a competition for a 6 day break to LA ( going on 1st September ) and the Andaz is where we are staying, we get the Movie Star Tour and a helicopter flight over Hollywood as part of the prize, is there anything else we should not miss out on there? We have been to Florida to Disney/ Universal so not as fussed with them really

Well you'll need a car to get around, assuming you have then much of what's been said. Santa Monica def, Venice Beach to look at the weirdo's, Beverley Hills cafe's, Hollywood (uber seeedy but you can say you did it) 30/40 min drive south to Laguna Beach (have cocktails in "Las Brisas" for spectacular sunset) and Newport Beach. Or put your foot down and you can make Vegas in 4 hours :)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Manhattan Beach vote from me. Awesome balance between knowing you're close to the enormous city yet it has a small town atmosphere. Beach best I found, plenty to do, and very close to airport. Up market area but not pretentious or expensive (other than homes). Felt very safe!

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Thanks for all the replies,

We go tomorrow :)

Just found out the Andaz take a $350 deposit on check in, does anyone who has been know if they are flexible with that - I know some hotels allow you to turn off everything relating to charges - we are trying to do this as cheap as possible really ( as was a competition and all activities paid for ) and other half just lost job so that would take a slice of our spending money.

We dont have a credit card currently either so cannot put it onto that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here