Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Sugar expresses his desire to be FA Chairman

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The bid-leading part of the job is about subtle and patient diplomacy, networking, building bridges and trying to see the UK as other people see it (even when those views are difficult or extreme – ie Jack Warner).

None of which are qualities Sugar possesses.

Barging around SHOUTING "Jus' givvus the FARKIN' thing, NOW!" possibly might not work, IMHO.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
The bid-leading part of the job is about subtle and patient diplomacy, networking, building bridges and trying to see the UK as other people see it (even when those views are difficult or extreme – ie Jack Warner).

Barging around SHOUTING "Jus' givvus the FARKIN' thing, NOW!" possibly might not work, IMHO.

There is definetly more than meets the eye with Lord Sugar definetly! Just because he's a loud mouth cock on the Apprentice doesn't mean he isn't in a position to know!

Yoda

English & European
FFS he'd probably want clubs like Brighton out of business.

Doesn't look loke it:

Sky Sports News said:
"The FA is a great organisation." Lord Sugar told Sky Sports News.

"It would be a great honour to try to assist but, of course, that's totally in the hands of whoever makes those decisions now.

"I should imagine the post would be advertised and I'd be quite interested - it would be quite a challenge.

"I've long thought there needs to be a reform in the constitution of the FA.

"Some of the rules go back a very long time - some very good rules but I don't think they have changed with the times. The rules create financial problems for the clubs.

"I think Lord Mawhinney did a very good job in his capacity as chairman of the Football League. He got things moving in the right direction. There is a need for some major, major changes in the constitution but that would take a long time and need a lot of people to sign up to it.

"I don't think the resistance would be as hard as you might imagine. The point is the constitution and the rules and regulations of being members needs to be looked at again.

"If that could be changed and there were more controls at the FA, it would make for a much more sensible organisation, thus allowing investment in grass-roots, perhaps taking the highlight away from the obvious top level of the game - the Premiership."

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
FFS he'd probably want clubs like Brighton out of business.

Why do you say that.

He wouldn't put up with the shit that goes on at the FA wasting millions each year and the fiasco that is Wembley

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Disagree you don't get where Sugar is without being able to turn on the charm every now and again

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
he would certainly sort out the Carlos Kickaball's

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Why do you say that.

He wouldn't put up with the shit that goes on at the FA wasting millions each year and the fiasco that is Wembley

Note the use of the word "probably".

The FA are a mess and the new Wembley was a poor use of money. But I don't think Sugar is necessarily a football man. Mawhinney did an excellent job for the Football League in a low key way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Triesmann wasn't a football man either, was he?

Gone are the days when the job simply went to the richest club chairman who wanted a ride on the gravy chain.

Maybe Sugar would shake things up a bit and rid the FA of it's (still chronic) old boys network mentality.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isnt the Chairman of the FA democratically elected by the members of the FA being mostly county representatives who in turn have been elected by the clubs within their county.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How is he a Lord :laugh: Amstrad a failed business and he gets a title for it. Amazing!

??? would that be the same failed business he sold to Sky for over £100million. then theres was Viglen, still going and very sucessfull.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
He did run Tottenham like a business, which is exactly what the FA should be encouraging clubs to do.

Not sure about being chairman but he would be great in some capacity.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here