Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like we may need a new manager soon!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So you now want to compare me to peope who leave their kids to go out to dinner, do you feel hard hiding behind a keyboard? Or do you do it as ou are a bit of a wanker in real life and need to feel a bit power?

No, I'm saying that you should not judge people without knowing all the facts. As Simster said, I probably would not have done what they did, but it doesn't make them evil.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
So you now want to compare me to peope who leave their kids to go out to dinner, do you feel hard hiding behind a keyboard? Or do you do it as ou are a bit of a wanker in real life and need to feel a bit power?

I don't think he was comparing you to anything. Just suggesting you show a bit more class and a bit more sympathy perhaps.:ffsparr:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
To be honest, whilst I wouldn't have done what the McCann's did, I feel uncomfortable with this attitude that it's their fault or that they deserved it.

I will put up some facts when I am not on this iphone as typing on it is almost impossible for me

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
The one thing I cannot understand about this case is why the Mccanns have not seen the inside of a cell. There is something very dodgy about this case but at least there was an Open and shut case of neglect

I totally agree with ur comment and at the risk of being called a c##t think the parents had something to do with Maddie' s disappearance,I have done since it first happened.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I will put up some facts when I am not on this iphone as typing on it is almost impossible for me

Does anyone aside from the Police know any 'facts' about the case? If you do, ring into Crimewatch! :wink:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
a3il4y.jpg

The above is where they sat to eat and where the children were left.

They originally claimed the shutters in the room had been forced. A friend said they had a call in the night stating this, photos prove the shutters were not forced.

A few hours after she had been reported missing, gerry was setting up a website.

The McCanns admit to not physically searching for Madeleine, leaving the local people to walk the streets calling her name. If she had wandered off and was hiding would she respond to a voice she didn't know? But this could have been as they were so distraught(which I sincerely doubt judging by other factors).

A couple of days after this had happened, Kate was seen swimming in the pool with a nice new hairstyle.

Kate refused to answer all the questions put to her by the Portugese police. There is an extract about showing just how many she refused to answer

The hiring of private detective company who had a dodgy background and who even went as far as saying they knew where she was

The trip to see the Pope and leaving their two children behind in the country where their eldest daughter had just gone missing. I don't think many parents would have wanted the two younger children to be out of their sight for a very long time after Madeleine disappeared.

The sniffer dogs who indicated death in the apartment and the hire car which was hired after Madeleine went missing.

Dr Russell O'Brien, partner of Jane Tanner, left the Restaurant for a long period during the night of May 3rd. This period has been reported as being anything between 25 and 45 minutes. It has been stated that this was to attend to his young daughter who had been vomitting and that he needed to change the sheets. Now if your child is unwell and you are a f%%&ing doctor, why would you leave your child!!!!

Seriously this whole thing stinks, there are so many more facts that just point to them not telling the whole story. If that was me or any of you the least we would face is neglect and failing to cooperate with police charges

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

No, incorrect. That's the trouble with messageboards, people take a lie that a few people have said and it becomes truth. Bozza started this and he should know better.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The one thing I cannot understand about this case is why the Mccanns have not seen the inside of a cell. There is something very dodgy about this case but at least there was an Open and shut case of neglect

I have similar feelings. I won't get into the whole parenting debate and I would never say that they deserved it (not saying you did either)

The main thing that gets me is that this isn't the only child to have gone missing in the last 6-7 years. There have been parents attacked and their children taken, them grabbed from them but instead all of these are ignored because this is a good news story, one which could have been avoided.

The bit in your later post about the Pope has always got me as well. It's been even more important since I had my son. If anything were to happen to him there is no way I would leave that area or my other children to go and see the Pope no matter how religious I was.

Had a couple on benefits done the same the press would have eaten them alive and questioned why they were on holiday in the first place. They would have been lucky to have kept their kids and their photos would be associated with everything that is wrong with this country

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How many years to come up with an picture of a suspect? The police have a lot to answer for.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
How many years to come up with an picture of a suspect? The police have a lot to answer for.

Maybe they originally weren't a suspect and were discounted.

In my opinion the Portuguese Police felt it was the McCanns and as a result were trying to prove guilt rather than find someone else. This can be understood if the previous post about question evasion in interviews is true

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think the comment about jailing the parents is ridiculous. They did wrong but the loss of a child will live with them forever and is much worse than a prison sentence. If they were jailed then the only ones that would suffer would be their other children.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Personally I'm as clueless as everyone else, the more I see or read the more confusing the whole scenario becomes. Whilst initially thinking the Portuguese Police learnt their trade at The Inspector Clouseau Acadamy of Investigative Cockups It isn't difficult to understand why they might have considered the McCanns were in some way involved.
Although it's difficult to imagine exactly how one might react on discovering your child missing, the McCanns have reacted in a somewhat strange fashion. I'm unable to come to terms with them being guilty, but that some do doesn't surprise me.
What I would say is they have in various ways attracted the finger pointing not only with their neglect, but their bizarre and unusual behaviour almost from the very outset.
Frankly this latest "Great step forward" in the investigation appears to be useless. All it really suggests is that the guy seen carrying a child is probably not the abductor. Not at all who actually is !
Will she ever be found, I doubt it. But would be overjoyed to be wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here