Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like bertins defo not staying now!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
and who's fault is that? his? we spot a player of potential but only have the gumption to offer him a super-short-term contract, probably on crap money. if he'd been properly scouted at the time and given a proper long-term contract (a la molango for example) then this wouldn't have happened.

good luck to him

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm pleased at the news to a degree.

Shame he hasn't signed as would have been an asset, and won't get someone of his quality for free elsewhere.

However, with Reid coming back, and to a degree Charlie we do still have cover.

I'am pleased that we are now exploring other avenues before it's too late and land up with a last minute signing who quite frankly doesn't improve the squad.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Its no loss as long as he's replaced with a decent player.....if el abd or a player whos being rushed back from injury..ie reid...then its not good!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Where do you get that from?

El abd - will not cut it in centre mid and fraser is not good enough...

Without bertin in centre mid...we will struggle in centre mid.....reid is a good midfielder..but will take a few months to get back to anywhere near where he was.....It will not be strong until he's fully fit......

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's not good enough for the Championship. It speaks volumes when he has to decide between Belgium and us.

And still he hasn't got the decency to tell us anything. Tosser

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
El abd - will not cut it in centre mid and fraser is not good enough...

Without bertin in centre mid...we will struggle in centre mid.....reid is a good midfielder..but will take a few months to get back to anywhere near where he was.....It will not be strong until he's fully fit......

I thought that El Abd did okay in central midfield and Fraser did fine for his first season (especially early on) considering he played out of position for most of the time. To write them off is wrong but having said that we do need to replace Bertin.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
He's not good enough for the Championship. It speaks volumes when he has to decide between Belgium and us.

I dont think he's cut it in the championship either!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

He obviously has told Wilkins something or did he make up the top level team in Belgium.

I also believe he is good enough for the Championship and cannot understand the criticism some people make of him. To me he is a lower level equivalent of Makelele, breaking up play and playing simple balls (not going forward and shooting but allowing others to do it).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He obviously has told Wilkins something or did he make up the top level team in Belgium.

I also believe he is good enough for the Championship and cannot understand the criticism some people make of him. To me he is a lower level equivalent of Makelele, breaking up play and playing simple balls (not going forward and shooting but allowing others to do it).

Sums it up well.

O well just have to look to bring someone else in as you can not start the season with Hart, Fraser or El Abd in the midfield and expect to challenge

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
and who's fault is that? his? we spot a player of potential but only have the gumption to offer him a super-short-term contract, probably on crap money. if he'd been properly scouted at the time and given a proper long-term contract (a la molango for example) then this wouldn't have happened.

good luck to him
And if he'd been shit, a la Turienzo?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sums it up well.

O well just have to look to bring someone else in as you can not start the season with Hart, Fraser or El Abd in the midfield and expect to challenge

I agree that we need to bring someone in but not necessarily for that reason.

Fraser does have the makings of a good midfielder and I think we need to keep him but he is not ready to play every week.

El Abd did okay in midfield but I feel we need him as back up there and at right back and central defence rather than as a regular.

Hart is fine as a back up to Reid on the right but a midfield with the two of them, Hammond and Cox is too attacking. We definitely need a new Bertin if he does not sign. I would still welcome him back if he decides to sign but it seems unlikely and we need to look for new targets now.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's the Iwelumo situation all over again.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

good luck to him

Perhaps we wouldn't have signed him at all? Perhaps he didn't want a long contract? We are a good avenue into English football and I would imagine that he did not see his long term future with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here