Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Look who's the Albion mascot...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was looking for something in one of last season's programmes, and I unexpectedly found a solitary older programme, dating from September 1990, a home match against Portsmouth.

And look who's on the Junior Seagulls page:

"Today's match mascot is ten year old Brett Mendoza who lives in Hove and attends West Blatchington Junior School. Brett enjoys playing football for Hove Park Colts, he also plays squash, swims and takes part in athletics. He says he enjoys travelling. During the summer, he visited America with his family.

Brett is a sixer with the fifth Hove cub pack. He names Dean Wilkins as his favourite player"

Trying to work out now how to get the photo online...

Anyone else care to share their mascot shame/joy?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
:cheery: :cheery: :cheery:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was mascot back in 89 (I think) against Hull City on a Friday night. We won 2-0 and John Crumplin kicked a ball at my arse during the warm up. I got a free kit and got to sit in the directors box and had a drink in the players lounge after.

My favourite player was Ian Chapman (obviously). Still got the pictures somewhere, if I can be arsed I'll scan the photos and put them up and you can all laugh at my hair.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My becky was mascot at Gillingham when we played cardiff

She was supposed to afterwards be introduced to the players etc, but we had just lost and Jeff Wood was bollocking the players so Matt Hicks advised us to leave.

I think she got a kit..I am not sure

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
mendoza3yk.jpg

:thumbsup:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I was mascot back in 89 (I think) against Hull City on a Friday night. We won 2-0 and John Crumplin kicked a ball at my arse during the warm up. I got a free kit and got to sit in the directors box and had a drink in the players lounge after.

My favourite player was Ian Chapman (obviously). Still got the pictures somewhere, if I can be arsed I'll scan the photos and put them up and you can all laugh at my hair.

I've just had a look

The HAIR is very impressive

:thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
mendoza10 said:
i have this programme open on this page framed on my wall, with a picture of me and dean wilkins (my favourite player at the time)

i need to re-create this pic 15 or so years later

That's a brilliant idea.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
mendoza10 said:
heres one pic, waiting for the other to scan

awwwwww what a cutie i was 16 years ago :lolol:

meprogrammecrop0bv.jpg

That other one looks nothing like Wilkins.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ahh, the excitement of being a Junior Seagull.

Your free poster at the start of the season, and the privilege of being able to attend open days, and get autographs of Albion reserves you'd never heard of then, and have certainly never heard of since.

Ladies & gentlemen, I give you: Franco Massimo :lolol:

But at least in amongst all the Franco Massimos, David Gipps, Grant Horscrofts and Sean Edwardseseses, I did get to meet Danny Wilson

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hiney said:
Anyone else been a mascot?

I've got pretty much all the programmes so would be happy to sort out the Hall of Shame!

:lolol: :lolol:

Feel free to post mine if you like. I probably won't be arsed.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
mendoza10 said:
i just found another photo from that great day

i was a trend setter

Hi tec trainers - check
new kit - check
socks up - check
high waist line on shorts - check

mascotme0036ak.jpg

I wager my waist line was higher...