Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Longest you have gone without sleep

longest without sleep

• Total voters

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Crossed the Atlantic on a yacht once. 15 days on a 4 hours on, 4 hours off watch pattern.

By the end of that I was craving a full night's sleep more than I ever have before or since.

Longest single stint is probably around 36 hours, when you work a day-night-day to meet a deadline. Done that a fair few times.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
40 hours including travel to & from France to be on a Dredger which worked overnight. Final couple of hours was me driving back from Dover to Sussex which in retrospect was not very sensible.....

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
around the 50/60 hour mark at Uni , slept for an hour or so then went another 36 hours without sleep!!

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I used to do loads of 40 hour card sessions at Uni but found it hard to get much past the 50 hour mark. Red Bull might have helped us last a bit longer.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
About 72 hours on nothingbut red bull, alcohol and pro plus. I was a f***ing state for the next 10 days.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Crossed the Atlantic on a yacht once. 15 days on a 4 hours on, 4 hours off watch pattern.

By the end of that I was craving a full night's sleep more than I ever have before or since.

You get more sleep in 24hrs with that watch pattern than you would get anywhere else. Unless the boat is too big to work with half the crew.
Just spare a thought for the poor Skipper and Navigator who aren't usually in a watch, and are usually awake all the time. :angel:

D

Deleted member 18477

48 hours ish. f***ing hell! Couldn't think straight. Made me realise how important sleep is.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
72 hours with some 'assistance'.

Have gone weeks at a time without sleeping 'properly' i.e. only a few hours at a time at random times of day but I guess a lot of people do that.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Woke up on a Saturday morning at 8am and didn't get any sleep until the following Tuesday afternoon after I'd done about 5 grams of amphetamine base on the Saturday evening. That stuff was absolutely lethal. I remember it burning my stomach (getting terrible cramps) and in agony when I went for a piss. When it got to the Monday night I was drinking gallons of water just trying to flush it out of my system and by Tuesday I was delirious and couldn't go into work, before finally getting some sleep. It was near Christmas and I caught 'flu because my immune system was f***ed.

I got an ounce of base for 130 quid - I've not seen it around for a while. Crazy gear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here