Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Longest time you starved your pet/s for......

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I got 2 Goldfish, prob about 3 years old, they dont even have names.....:down:

Anyway, I went on holiday for 10 days recently and did'nt have them fed when I was away.:shootself

They are still fit and healthy, happily splashing aroung in the misty waters they call 'Home' :yahoo:

Anyone else imposed a starvation plan for your family pet??:bigwave:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Fish can go quite a few days without food.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I got 2 Goldfish, prob about 3 years old, they dont even have names.....:down:

Anyway, I went on holiday for 10 days recently and did'nt have them fed when I was away.:shootself

They are still fit and healthy, happily splashing aroung in the misty waters they call 'Home' :yahoo:

Anyone else imposed a starvation plan for your family pet??:bigwave:

Seasider

I had a similar sort of problem recently. At the time I had a tropical fish tank, but was just a few fish left in it.

I was about to go away on holiday but knew there would be no one around to feed them. So decided that the best way to sort the problem out (and save electric) was to wrap them in newspaper and "dispatch" them with a cricket bat.

ps I was going to flush them down the toilet but understand this is meant to be cruel.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Seasider

I had a similar sort of problem recently. At the time I had a tropical fish tank, but was just a few fish left in it.

I was about to go away on holiday but knew there would be no one around to feed them. So decided that the best way to sort the problem out (and save electric) was to wrap them in newspaper and "dispatch" them with a cricket bat.

ps I was going to flush them down the toilet but understand this is meant to be cruel.

Should have put em down the toilet pond and see it they lasted the duration of your trip....:D

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Should have put em down the toilet pond and see it they lasted the duration of your trip....:D

Seasider

Good idea which I might use in the future!!

If they are marine, do you think it would also be a good idea to have a piss in the bowl just before leaving?

But dont flush. That way the water will stay saline whilst I am away?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Seasider

Good idea which I might use in the future!!

If they are marine, do you think it would also be a good idea to have a piss in the bowl just before leaving?

But dont flush. That way the water will stay saline whilst I am away?

Yes, also grop a brown growler down there, it will act like a fake shipwreck:D

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
What the f***?

If you have pets, then you've got to take care of their needs for their natural lifespan, not just f*** off or kill them when you want to go on holiday.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Yes, also grop a brown growler down there, it will act like a fake shipwreck:D

Seasider

You are on top form tonight!!

Especially the idea of a fake shipwreck.

My theory is that the fish would be even more grateful of there owner .
Thinking he had taken the trouble to make such a gesture just before going on holiday!!:D

ps i suffer from constipation. if i was stuck and needed a "brown growler" for the bowl before going away on holiday. Could you help out??

Cheers

Fazz62 & fish

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Seasider

You are on top form tonight!!

Especially the idea of a fake shipwreck.

My theory is that the fish would be even more grateful of there owner .
Thinking he had taken the trouble to make such a gesture just before going on holiday!!:D

ps i suffer from constipation. if i was stuck and needed a "brown growler" for the bowl before going away on holiday. Could you help out??

Cheers

Fazz62 & fish

Seeing as we never met, would be a bit odd to come to your house, take a shit then maybe have a cuppa and go:eek:.........have a look on the dog shit post the other day and see where is best for 'dog growler' and go help yourself, thus helping people in the street AND the fish:thumbsup:

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Seeing as we never met, would be a bit odd to come to your house, take a shit then maybe have a cuppa and go:eek:.........have a look on the dog shit post the other day and see where is best for 'dog growler' and go help yourself, thus helping people in the street AND the fish:thumbsup:

"Seeing as we never met, would be a bit odd to come to your house,take a shit then maybe have a cuppa and go"

Seasider

Please yourself.

Just goes to prove my theory that all NSC members (except me) are cyber-warriors hiding behind there keyboards on here.

But when it comes to helping out a fellow NSC poster in a time of need. Like asking you to just "pop" round to my house and deposit a turd in my toilet.

Where has the "back-bone" of the board gone?

Last edited:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
pah..........you dont even spell my name correctly, yet you want my shit?:rolleyes:

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
pah..........you dont even spell my name correctly, yet you want my shit?:rolleyes:

csider

Sorry about your name!!

Now you say it.

I remember your name.
It does begin with C.
But I always know you by a nickname which only has 4/5 letters in it.
Not 6!! ???

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤;2753819 said:
Buy one of those holiday blocks for fish from a pet shop next time you cruel git

(Edit: Respectfully, Danny);Bilge. DON'T buy holiday blocks. You're doing them a favour by not feeding them for two weeks if they're not going to get a water change in that time. Better to do a water change just before you go (having fed them first) and then leave it the fortnight - that's better for them than a feeding block fouling the water for a fortnight.

This fishy information has been supplied free of charge.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When the temperature drops so does the fishes metabolism and they need less food. I have some fish in the freezer that never need feeding at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here