Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long haul flights

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One to pass on is Delta, crappy aircraft and not very good in flight service. US Air aren't a whole lot beter either. American are good though. I tend to find that BA LOng Haul has the cabin too hot. Continetal are not bad.

I would say that overall I prefer Virgin but at then end of the day it depends where you're going and who flys that route.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't forget to book a second seat for your C-rated celeb travelling companion.

bhaexpress said:
Well you could always drop a dime as they say. I think you'll find that only those three fly direct from London. I forgot about Virgin but I reckon that both they and BA can match United.
If it's comfort you're looking for, London Underground in a busy rush hour can match United.

Having lived there, I can say that San Fran is one of the finest cities in the World. 7x7 miles and everything easy to get to by public transport.
Visit Castro Street for great food (The Patio Cafe particularly, those poofs know their cuisine) or just over the hill is Noe Valley, where 24th Street is very nice. At the end of Haight is the Golden Gate Park, always worth a little stroll, but duck for frisbees. Haight also features 'Amoeba Records', which rules.
Pier 39 can keep you busy most of a day, and it's a quick boat-ride to Alcatraz, and then Fisherman's Wharf for shops and restaurants. I wouldn't eat there necesarily, you pay tourist prices, but the clam chowder is indeed famous.
The Cliff House is nice, overlooking the sea and Ocean Beach on the NW corner of the SF Peninsula.
Downtown has The Hiatt Regency and Embarcadero Centers, always worthwhile. Go to the revolving restaurant on top of the Hiatt, or take a tram up the hill to the BofA Head Office bldg and take the lift to the Carnelian Room at the top - you will need to dress well. Have a coctail there and look down on a panorama of the whole city and bay, you may see the mist roll in in the afternoon from there. Just a short stroll and you are in Chinatown, not far West of there is Northbeach, the red-light district but it's also good for touring around and going for a capuccino and poking around shops.

However, you would do well to pop across the Golden Gate to Sausalito and Tiburon. There's a ferry that goes over if you don't hire a car. If you do hire a car, while over that way visit The Pelican pub in Muir Woods and then go to Muir Beach or Stinson Beach.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here