Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long Good Friday

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
yes looks a bit budget these days.

mirren is class though, and i particularly like the gruesome whisky bottle/neck stabby stab stabbing incident

quality expression acting by hoskins in the end as the headfuck late seventies music swells and fucks your emotions up (because of the narrative and that)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Nothing to do with TLGF, but I ordered 'Ratcatcher' by Lynne Ramsey from Amazon the other day, then realised I've got in on video :facepalm:

Ho hum...

And...

Isn't Good Friday an odd Bank Holiday!? Before licensing hours de-regulation years ago, you couldn't get a drink in the afternoon, and I remember wandering about down the front, and it was semi-closed...:nono:

Weird

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Okay, eighties synth thing dates it slightly but doesn't take away from the film . Some very good scenes throughout but what an acting job from Hoskins at the end! Best ending to a film I have seen for a long time and best acting for a while too. Very good. Oh and the "Mafia? I've shit 'em" line is delivered perfectly.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Okay, eighties synth thing dates it slightly but doesn't take away from the film . Some very good scenes throughout but what an acting job from Hoskins at the end! Best ending to a film I have seen for a long time and best acting for a while too. Very good. Oh and the "Mafia? I've shit 'em" line is delivered perfectly.

I refer the honourable gentlemen to a recent thread regarding the best film endings, and I believe I listed TLGF - you sir, have proved me right !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here