Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London workers but not residents

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
So if you like Brighton so much GG why are you up in Yorkshire or whereever you are .. dont get me wrong im not complaining .its just a pity cyberspace brings you so close :tosser:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Even with Falmer, it's going to take some effort by the Albion to lure the new inhabitants of the new dormitory town, sorry city, that is Brighton. Suppose that means there has to be a Starbucks and a Pret-a-Manger franchise there. Oh, and a sushi bar. :rolleyes:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Goring Gull said:
Alot of these people who work in london but won't live there is because they don't actually have a good enough job to pay to live in a decent part of London, they think they are too good to live in a less desirable part with all the immigrants ( racist bastards) so re locate to surrey or Brighton and fills the places with Wankers.

They spend to much time chasing the almighty dollar and yet maon about the commute, house prices and the mortgage repayments - Well if everyone stopped doing it and started living in London everyone would be happy they could stop commuting and house prices for your everyday locals in Brighton etc would fall.

f*** of back to London, withyour london attitudes and house prices is what i say.

I live in Sussex because I was born there and funnily enough I quite like the place.

I work in London because I have a good job that pays well that I couldn't get in Sussex because it simply doesn't exist.

I commute every day and very rarely moan about that fact. It's part and parcel of the job. The trains aren't great in this country we all know that, if you are going to get one to and from work every day then you are going to suffer the delights that they throw at you. That goes for delays, costs and the time spent getting to and from work. I travel about 3.5 hours a day but it's become my routine.

People want to move out of London to better parts of the world because the quality of life is better. You moaning about that fact is just as bad as saying people won't move into London because they don't want to live next door to immigrants. It's also NIMBY-ism which is EXACTLY what we are fighting at the moment. I see no difference to you saying I don't want cockneys coming down here and taking our houses to the people of Falmer saying I don't want a whacking great football ground on my doorstep.

Given your tirade at us commuters I reckon you are simply not intelligent enough to get a job in the city. This to me says allot about you as I work with some people who are thick as pig shit!

TelscombeGull

Oct 11, 2006
BN10
Re: Re: London workers but not residents

Arthur said:
I live in Sussex because I was born there and funnily enough I quite like the place.

I work in London because I have a good job that pays well that I couldn't get in Sussex because it simply doesn't exist.

I commute every day and very rarely moan about that fact. It's part and parcel of the job. The trains aren't great in this country we all know that, if you are going to get one to and from work every day then you are going to suffer the delights that they throw at you. That goes for delays, costs and the time spent getting to and from work. I travel about 3.5 hours a day but it's become my routine.

People want to move out of London to better parts of the world because the quality of life is better. You moaning about that fact is just as bad as saying people won't move into London because they don't want to live next door to immigrants. It's also NIMBY-ism which is EXACTLY what we are fighting at the moment. I see no difference to you saying I don't want cockneys coming down here and taking our houses to the people of Falmer saying I don't want a whacking great football ground on my doorstep.

Given your tirade at us commuters I reckon you are simply not intelligent enough to get a job in the city. This to me says allot about you as I work with some people who are thick as pig shit!

:clap: What he said :clap:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

Arthur said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i've lived in brighton for 25 years and commuted for 20. few complaints from me

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Goring Gull said:
Alot of these people who work in london but won't live there is because they don't actually have a good enough job to pay to live in a decent part of London, they think they are too good to live in a less desirable part with all the immigrants ( racist bastards) so re locate to surrey or Brighton and fills the places with Wankers.

They spend to much time chasing the almighty dollar and yet maon about the commute, house prices and the mortgage repayments - Well if everyone stopped doing it and started living in London everyone would be happy they could stop commuting and house prices for your everyday locals in Brighton etc would fall.

f*** of back to London, withyour london attitudes and house prices is what i say.

Attachments

• jealousy.jpg
    jealousy.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 104

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i have to goto london as last time i looked most of the internet backbone wasn't in Brighton, but rather in Docklands, London.

Am I now justified GG?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So turning this silly debate around are there actually enough houses in London so that everyone who works there can live there ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Arthur said:

Cock.

(Want a job in Bristol?)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Goring Gull said:

Since you've stuck this on 2 threads I'll repeat my answer only a bit more simple as you seem to need it explaining twice, using small words.

1) What makes you think people commute to exactly the same office for the whole of their career at a company?

2) Someone living in, say, Clapham or Balham and working in say, North London or The City still has to commute for roughly the same time as someone commuting from, say, Hove to East Croydon.

3) I was born in Brighton, live in Hove and commute to Crawley. Is that OK with you? Where do you draw the line?

4) Why should we take you seriously when you choose to live in Jerkshire - the world capital of inbred racist bigotry? :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Arthur said:

Is the correct answer. :clap:

E

enigma

algie said:
London is the biggest shit hole capital there is.

:lolol: :lolol:

Too many immigrants for you?

London has its bad points but that has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard on here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: London workers but not residents

TelscombeGull said:
OK, I am up for that. How many international banks are there in Bristol offering top-dollar jobs? :shootself

Missed the particular point by a good old fashioned Somerset country mile.

But good luck to you, you sound very important.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: London workers but not residents

Arthur said:
Nah, too many carrot crunching ginger tadpole eating worzels for my liking.

Is (another) correct answer.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
enigma said:
:lolol: :lolol:

Too many immigrants for you?

London has its bad points but that has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard on here.

No your stupid:shootself I was born there and lived there so i think i can have a say on it don't you?.So tell me.Have you lived there?Alot of people move out of there because it's a dump.

Think i'll be waiting all day for a reply from you.YOU TIT:lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here