Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Workers - 18.01.07, Go Home Early

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Virgo's Haircut or British Bulldog, do you know anything about the East Grinstead line? We were royally screwed up this morning because of a tree falling on the line in the Riddlesdown/Sanderstead area, but when I last checked the Southern Railway website, they said the problem had been cleared. The Southern website is now down.

It was cleared at about 10am this morning

Beeb site is up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/public/southern.shtml

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Sir!

Good point, well made. I stand corrected.

I did of course mean to say:

'Just spent 2 hours getting back to BN1 from PO19 For f***'s Sake'

I checked the Southern Counties travel before leaving work as trees have come down all over the place and the problem on the railway there was between Hove and Worthing because of wind damage to a level crossing barrier.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep Junior set off at 08:00 hrs from Shoreham and managed to get to school at 11:30 in Worthing.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Virgo's Haircut or British Bulldog, do you know anything about the East Grinstead line? We were royally screwed up this morning because of a tree falling on the line in the Riddlesdown/Sanderstead area, but when I last checked the Southern Railway website, they said the problem had been cleared. The Southern website is now down.

Cant help you at all i'm afraid fella I had to take an emergency day's leave today because things were blowing off my house, Spent the day dealing with builders and the insurance company. By the sounds of it i've missed a busy day at work.

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
Beach Hut said:
Severe disruption going on - Kings Cross Thameslink shut, London Bridge shut (structual damage) so we are being sent home an hour earlier.

Suggest everyone else does as Tube seems to be shut at various points.

So why if your thread is headed "London Workers" does it affect you??? :lolol:

PS I do hope you got home safely though

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
Beach Hut said:
Yep Junior set off at 08:00 hrs from Shoreham and managed to get to school at 11:30 in Worthing.

But ask him why...I think you'll find he went to a friend's house....those who waited for the train or got the bus were in before 10, and those who walked from Shoreham station to Worthing managed to beat him in!!

???

D

Deleted User X18H

I have just got home from office in Leadenhall Street left at 5.25 via Tower Hill, Westminster (Vic tube closed) Waterloo, Clapham and Gatwick Airport.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
went to blackfriars---got 5 o/clock to brighton ( thamesshitelink) --got off at HH-----picked up southampton tran to portslade - home at 6:30

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here