Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Victoria - Euston

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
Given up on the lift, but would appreciate a bit of help.

The National Rail quotes London Victoria Underground ----> Euston Underground as 38 odd minutes. However, the London Underground website quotes this as just 8 minutes?

Need to organise times etc, and costs, so if anybody could tell me which of the two is correct, it would be much appreciated.

:drink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
About 10 minutes on the tube as Warren Street is shut tomorrow so Green Park, Oxford Circus then Euston.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well it does somewhat depend on the passenger loads,but as a rule from ticket barrier to ticket barrier at both stations (and you have the ticket already) 25 mins. :albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well it does somewhat depend on the passenger loads,but as a rule from ticket barrier to ticket barrier at both stations (and you have the ticket already) 25 mins. :albion2:

Around 15 minutes max

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Those timings on the transport website are always well over the mark. I use the Victoria line from Victoria to Tottenham Hale every day, and I can get off my train at Victoria and be at Tottenham Hale in about 30 minutes.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Beach,i reckon 15 mins i abit tight,even with a ticket/pass. I am saying barrier to barrier at both stations. :albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Beach,i reckon 15 mins i abit tight,even with a ticket/pass. I am saying barrier to barrier at both stations. :albion2:

I do it every day to the Cross one stop on, easy timings

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
Am i right in thinking the Virgin train is the only train from Euston to Liverpool Lime Street?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Henry save your money, mate. It'll cost you an asbolute fortune for a train ticket now. The money you save will pay for at least 2 away days.

Plus Tranmere is a feckin' shit'ole.

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
Henry save your money, mate. It'll cost you an asbolute fortune for a train ticket now. The money you save will pay for at least 2 away days.

Plus Tranmere is a feckin' shit'ole.

Indeed. Im 17, but even if i bought a childs ticket, it would be £42.00

Disgrace. Although, what are the chances of a ticket operator being on the Virgin trains from Euston to Liverpool?

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Indeed. Im 17, but even if i bought a childs ticket, it would be £42.00

Disgrace. Although, what are the chances of a ticket operator being on the Virgin trains from Euston to Liverpool?

High! Use these trains often and ALWAYS a bloody guard on the bloody thing!!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
High I think with Virgin.

Wait 'till Southampton/ FA Cup first round with a bit of luck. Southampton's only something like 13 quid on the train.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Agree with the above. Whilst I applaud your dedication, leaving it this late will cost far too much for what it's worth. Listen to it on the radio tomorrow, save your money, and go to a couple of other away games for the same price.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It is possible to do the whole thing from London with London Midland, although you will have to change at Crewe I think. This is based on the knowledge that LM operate trains from London to Crewe via Stoke and from Birmingham to Liverpool via Crewe.

How much it'll cost I don't know...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is possible to do the whole thing from London with London Midland, although you will have to change at Crewe I think. This is based on the knowledge that LM operate trains from London to Crewe via Stoke and from Birmingham to Liverpool via Crewe.

How much it'll cost I don't know...

Wouldn't worry about the cost more how long would it take going on London Midland, you probably would have needed to leave yesterday :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here