Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London to Brighton the film

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I disagree, London To Brighton was much more narrative led, a stable characteristic of TV Drama while Red Road was character led. This combined with it's visual style, using mis-en-scene and composition to explore its themes more than London To Brighton does marks it out as a more filmic experience.

To be honest Les I don't have a clue what point you're making.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
To be honest Les I don't have a clue what point you're making.

As that is the explaination of my point I don't see what else I can offer up other than I felt London To Brighton used TV Drama conventions which therefore made it feel like a TV Drama.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
As that is the explaination of my point I don't see what else I can offer up other than I felt London To Brighton used TV Drama conventions which therefore made it feel like a TV Drama.

Sorry, Les, I couldn't resist it. Still a bit puzzled by the reference to mise-en-scene though.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sorry, Les, I couldn't resist it. Still a bit puzzled by the reference to mise-en-scene though.

Just felt the use of lighting and sets was more expansive on Red Road making it feel more filmic.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
London To Brighton is a superb film, though the Brighton Tourist Board won't think much of it. I have to say, though, that I wouldn't have sex with Kelly if SHE paid ME. Georgia Groome, who plays the twelve-year-old (Joanne), is awesome. Playing the part must have scarred her for life.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Look does anyone get their BAPS out. That is the true question.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
It's true, the depiction of Brighton is hardly accurate or representative, but hey I enjoyed it a lot. I'm going for this Red Road number next so hoping for similar things if you lot rate it.

ps NO baps, but that's for the best really.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Just watched Red road, was quite good but I much preferred London to Brighton as a film - not that they're in any way similar other than being British.

And for the record, Red rd did strike me as being a bit tv drama-ish, dunno why...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here