Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

london no longer a british city discuss

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I missed the definition of 'British' city. Perhaps someone could find it and post it to help the argument proceed on a more rational basis.

However, all urban communities develop over time. Yes, London today has little resemblance to the city I was born in just over fifty years ago; or the one where my mother was born nearly eighty years ago. Things change, and the pace of change is faster now than it ever has been. However, the human species has always had a migratory imperative, otherwise we would all be debating who was going to win the crucial Rift Valley derby this afternoon. People move around the planet, of their own free will, through economic imperative or under coercion. Always have, always will. I think the most sensible option is to try to understand what drives those changes and adapt accordingly rather than, **** (no, it isn't a typo or an anagram) like, demanding the waves retreat.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When walking around the Marylebone Road part of London I feel foreign. Libyans, Turks, Iranians, Afghans, Iraqis, Nigerians, Afro-Carribeans, Poles, Romanians, etc., etc.. I felt that the British individuals around me made up 10-15% of the total, maybe, just maybe, he has a point?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When walking around the Marylebone Road part of London I feel foreign. Libyans, Turks, Iranians, Afghans, Iraqis, Nigerians, Afro-Carribeans, Poles, Romanians, etc., etc.. I felt that the British individuals around me made up 10-15% of the total, maybe, just maybe, he has a point?

i think you see what you want to see. i work round there and i dont recognise what you describe. maybe at the far west end, Edgeware road is very arab, but its the arab quater so to speak and even then its 70/30. go a few streets north or south of Marylebone you'll see few non-whites. go to somewhere like Shepards Bush, Hammersmith, its vast majority white, go over to Shadwell and you'll see 90% asians in one estate while nearly no asians down in nearby Wapping. London is a soup of all races and nationalities, just like most major cities throughout the world. it doesn't detract form its Britishness at all, just like chinese/jewish/russian/latino quaters in New York doesnt make it un-american.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now i dont belive this for one bit, But just to add fuel to the fire maybe you notice more africans, arabs, asains etc on the streets when walking around various areas in London because.......................

There Lazy good for nothings,claiming all the benefits possible and wonder the streets looking for people like you to rob and steal from &

1/ all the whites are at work !!!!!

Or

2/They are on there play stations,smoking 40 a day while claiming ivalidity benefit at home...... !!!

OOOOHHHHH theres a question.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I miss the Black & White Minstrel show and Robertson's Jam jars - the old ones with the cheeky little fella on the side with the big smile in a bowtie

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I miss the Black & White Minstrel show and Robertson's Jam jars - the old ones with the cheeky little fella on the side with the big smile in a bowtie

Oi you........................... Mind your language :ohmy:

Attachments

• bayofijf_3zb_1_300.jpg
    bayofijf_3zb_1_300.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 130

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Like you its based on experience. I know a lot of asians. I know how they think. They can be very polite but they can be racist as anyone. Bloody hell they even don't like each other with their caste system.

Are the BNP creating white flight?

I have worked with a lot of Asians and yes, they quite often have a bad attitude towards Afro Carribeans. Mind you quite few few Afro Caribbeans hate everyone. The Chinese and Japanese quite often don't like Afro Caribbeans as well.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I have worked with a lot of Asians and yes, they quite often have a bad attitude towards Afro Carribeans. Mind you quite few few Afro Caribbeans hate everyone. The Chinese and Japanese quite often don't like Afro Caribbeans as well.

One of the Filipinos I work with asked me why we had so many foreigners here. Think she was expecting Red Buses and men in Bowler hats. Filipinos are top people BTW

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
"England expects every man to do his duty". Approximately 1 on 3 sailors at the battle of Trafalgar was black. Just thought Id share that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dandyman

In London village.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
"England expects every man to do his duty". Approximately 1 on 3 sailors at the battle of Trafalgar was black. Just thought Id share that.

Not true as far as I am aware.

I think you will find that about a third of the crew were not English, that means your 1/3 would have included Scots, Irish and other Europeans.

In the Army at this time there were English regiments with up 40% Irish in them, but then again the Army provided its troops with regular food and adventures in the sun, not a bad option in comparison with the alternative of living in a country that flipped between famine and a 100% potato with 358 days of driving rain.

There were blacks serving however that is true. The reasons for this though are relatively straightforward. During the American war of independence (or second British civil war if you are talking to an American), the British Government proclaimed the abolishment of slavery and therefore many slaves escaped and helped with the British efforts. For many they were quite happy to get out of the US and the Royal Navy was an ideal method.

Arguably British defeat caused the first real wave of black immigration as not surprisingly many ex slaves then came to Britain rather than return to their old employers. The British public though were not so welcoming and there were many articles in the papers on the new scourge of blacks begging on London's streets and crime (sound familiar). I think the problem was raised in Parliament, however nothing was really done because they could hardly take their new found freedom away could they?

Another reason was ongoing crew disease and wastage, if British people were being press ganged to crew ships what do you think would happen when ships docked anywhere else in the world. In fact one of the causes of the first war we had with the Americans (they would say second) was that RN ships would press Americans from the US merchant fleet, but then again they were really British weren't they?

So there you are.....................anyway do carry on.

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
There's noting wrong with a bit of open debate / discussion, but it's clear on these forums some people are just damn right racists or are plain ignorant. Sure, something should be done regarding the strengthening of border control / immigration, but there's doesn't seem to be a day that goes by without some racial issue being raised.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But we are not allowed to say this or even think it, this is the start of serious race war coming, part of me says bring it on and the other half says check is this what we have come to,are we not men. Successive governments are to blame alienating your own people is an unforgiveable crime but so is to blame innocents trying for a better life.

Which side of the fence are you sitting on then!!!

I don't blame the so called innocents coming here for a better life.( not all ethnics a sweet and cuddly you know) i blame the system that has destroyed their homelands. We need to share the wealth and resources around. Yes my friend we are sleep walking into the abyss and it scares me.

As opposed to exploiting them for a couple of hundred years!

No, just no. I live in central London and I can tell you that's complete bullshite. Not that it should actually matter.

I think you will find there are posters on here, like Griffin, who don't want to let the truth get in the way of a good doctrine!!!

Had you took the time to listen to Nick griffin on QT, instead of shouting 'racist'...'facist' or any other abuse that you was shouting at you're TV, you would of heard him say that he does not want to kick anyone out for no apparent reason. Foreign criminals, then it's different. And shorely evan you would agree that they should not be here?

No you are of course right. What he has previously said though is that he would actively encourage repatriation and their rights would be less than those of the whites. How can you take someone seriously when he comes out with comments like ' I can't explain why I believed those things and I can't explain what made me change my mind' when talking about the holocaust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here